Fade by Chris Mayhew

Aug 1, 2009
Fade by Chris Mayhew
http://www.ellusionist.com/fade-by-chris-mayhew.html

Effect: With no overt movements, no false throws - in fact, with seemingly no movement at all - Chris manages to come out one step ahead of his spectator every single time. A 3 card monte routine using no table and all in the hands and has tons of kickers.

Teaching: Chris is a very funny guy and gets his points across very well and the teaching is great. No complaints there.

Quality of materials: No gimmicks involved but you will need 2 contrasting decks of cards for the effect.

Difficulty: It is a little more difficult than other monte effects. There are some moves that you will need to practice and can be knacky at time times but after about a week of practice or so you will be fine. Just keep practicing it and don't let the frustration get to you. It is a very versatile effect and you can change the timing of the effect to however you feel comfortable doing.

Set-up: Yes, there is about a 1 minute set up every time you do this and yes its kinda a pain by Chris himself comes out and says yes there is a lot of set up but for how strong the effect is and how you end clean at the end its well worth it.

Performing it for real people: I got great reactions from doing this and people will eat it up, but like any other monte routine you want to be sure and present it correctly so people don't feel like your calling them stupid.

Tips: Be sure and practice this a lot and in front of a mirror will help a lot with this effect.

Overall Rating: 9/10 I really like this effect and yes its not for beginners but its one of the best monte routines out there with a ton of kickers and if you like what you see in the video and are willing to put some practice in than I urge you to buy this.

Adam Rose

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results