Favorite simple, quick trick.

Sep 1, 2007
Okay so you know your at school in class and you're not doin anything, the teacher is sleeping with his/her head on the keyboard of there computer and a kid walks up to you and says "hey mister/misses i heard your good at magic, mind showing me something?" OK STOPPPP.

Ok so i want to know what trick would do. Obviously not a long confusing one. a Short. quick. bam boom bang. trick. effective but to the point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Spencer.

I like doing JB Bobos half dollar to key switch people just don't see it coming then I switch it back to the half quick and it hits hard. By the way I use the bigger post office box keys it fits the hand better.

Sep 2, 2007
A quick, powerful yet simple trick that i think of the top of my head right now are: Fraud, Greed, Tricycle, Ghost Vision, Distortion, Sinful and Scatter by Daniel Garcia.

While Sinful and Distortion are fantabulous effects to perform, in my opinion, one should set the foundation (especially, in school, where kids will want to see a new trick everyday) before one supernaturally penetrates a coin into a soda can and changes the pips on a wrongly chosen card in front of the spectator.

If one performs Distortion, the next logical step would be to perform a moving pip effect while the spectator holds the card in his hand, which is not probable. However, if one starts with Here and There, then you can follow it with Distortion, whether it's on the same day, the next week, or never. It allows one to build from bottom up, rather than top down.

There is no possible way to improve upon a Sinful performance because the effect is mind-blowing. The same applies to Fraud and other tricks of that stature, as one can only go down from there. Therefore, you should start with a simple Two Card Monte, Here and There, or a trick of that ilk, which allows one to build up one's performance for the future.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Yah i've been using the tricks from the trilogy but theyre getting old so i was looking for some suggestions.

and thanks for the info Jack!

Sep 1, 2007
My word! Sinful and Fraud are the absolute top dogs of magic? Who knew!

The magic is not in the trick, it's in the magician.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
The Queens by db2, 2wo, a routine I made where a card slowly begins to look like a chosen card until it finally changes into the chosen card (involves the cloud change and the erdnase change), TiVo 2.0, The Ego Routine, I could just keep naming tricks here people...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results