Fire hand [experiment]

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
What training do you have with fire and what are you using as a fuel?

I ask because if you're doing what I think you're doing - you are going to hurt yourself.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hey, thanks for watching. What do you think i am using as fuel ? There are many fuels to achieve the same affect but i can hold fire for only 10 sec or below . I am still trying to find a fuel that can be used to ignite my hand without burning for much more long time.............
AND what do you think about this concept ? Do you think it's new ?

Not even remotely new. People have been doing this for hundreds of years. In the fire performance community we call this "Contact Fire" or "Fire Transfers". My circus troupe has an entire act built around it where we end up lighting our hands and arms on fire and transferring the flame between three of us.

Considering how blue the flame is it looks like you're using hair spray or possibly alcohol of some sort. It's not dripping so you're at least not going too excessive with the amounts.

How much research did you do on this before deciding it would be a good idea to light yourself on fire? What safety precautions have you taken? You can't just douse any fire in water, you know, sometimes that makes it worse.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There's two reasons I'm not going to help you with this.

One: It's Cyril's trick and you're blatantly trying to steal it. Not only is that unethical, it's just lame. Come up with your own tricks, don't steal other people's material.

Two: You haven't answered anything I've asked in regards to training or safety and fire is dangerous. Seriously dangerous. I've seen a lot of people end up in the hospital because they didn't know how to handle fire. You clearly are not trained and don't understand how to be safe with fire and you will end up hurting yourself and possibly others.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
HEY, I am not trying to steal anything .Cyril is my favorite magician.I just did some experiment because of curiosity.AND i am not trying to rip off exact effect or method.Cyril is a great magician and i respect his creativity.But i don't think it is wrong to get inspired from a concept and create something similar. I don't want to know his method....

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because there may be a language barrier thing here. The phrase "reverse engineer" generally implies trying to recreate the same thing without going to the person who invented it for permission (or proper training in some cases).

Now about SAFETY; I didn't light up my whole hand just tip of 3 finger.I dip my hand in cold water and let it dry first, it reduced normal temperature of my hand.Fuel i used was SAVOY ANTISEPTIC SPRAY unlike most other sprays it creates a filament like layer around skin so it stays bit longer .And there were people around me. SORRY if i am doing anything wrong.I would never steal someones effect

With fire transfers we don't light a large portion of the body either - just a strip of maybe 6 inches long and an inch wide. But fire is dangerous - It does unpredictable things sometimes. Antiseptic Spray is probably using isoporpyl alcohol - which burns decently hot and fairly invisibly at times. The blue flame your getting is from the contaminants that are probably part of the propellent since I'm pretty sure I caught a flash of a spray can in one of those videos. It may also use some kind of petroleum based oils, depending, which give it a chance of burning hotter and 'stickier'.

Here's the major danger there - you might actually be burning without realizing it if you have more alcohol on you than you realize - the flame might be clear but it can still be quite hot. This is even more prevalent if you're in a well-light area.

Having people around is only good if those people are competent with fire safety. Someone who freaks out and flails away at your hand if something goes wrong is only going to make things worse.

Do you know how to treat a burn? Do you know how to put a fire out safely? Do you know which fire safety products can be used on a person and which cannot?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results