Fizzmaster...

Heya Guys!

Quick question, I'd been practising the Paul Harris trick Fizzmaster for a while, doing the secret moves and so forth, but when it came to the actual performance and the spectator shook it up, you couldn't hear it fizz. I thought that was odd but carried on with the trick. When it came to open up the shaken can, and expecting it not to explode, it decided to explode. All over my spectator. Because it was a comedy show I could get away with it, but for the life of me I cannot work out what went wrong inside the can. Maybe because it had been in the fridge, maybe it was just the can, I don't know.

Could anyone help me figure out what could have gone wrong so i know what to avoid doing when I come to perform this again?

Thanks!

Simon_Magic

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hmm, that is odd. I haven't done this effect in a while, but I used to do it a LOT and never had anything like this happen. I hope someone can chime in with a possible solution, though it seems like it could just be a totally freak thing? I don't know.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
The only thing I can think of is that it was dented or dropped someone along the line, maybe not with you but sometime in the cans lifespan. I believe he explains that if it was dented or dropped that it wouldnt work right, although I could be wrong, it's been a very long time since I've performed it.

Heya James1Wise!

I must admit that this is what I thought of, however I had taken great care in making sure that the cans where not dented or dropped. I believe at the time I wrapped them in a towel to doubly make sure that there wasn't any damage to the can in transit, and I double checked the cans before taking them on stage..

If anyone else has any other idea's on what could have gone wrong they would be welcome. It is puzzle I still haven't got to the bottom of...

Simon_Magic

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
This is an interesting puzzle.

Maybe a dent at the bottom somewhere you didn't know about or something with temperature changes or pressure put on the can before opening. The spectator could have squeezed the can when shaking it, denting a small portion during performance. Makes for a funny gag if you can get away with it :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results