Flourishing with Bicycles

Sep 20, 2008
As mundane as it may sound, i was wondering if there are other people that share the same opinion as me when it comes to bikes.

These things suck ass when it comes to flourishes. too flimsy, too thin. I picked up my bikes and did a couple of flourishes. Felt allright. Picked up a crappy old deck of tallies and it felt better- even though it was old, worn out and all that crap.

Share your opinions on Bicycle cards. (just standard Bikes i guess. not league/fan backs. etc.)

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Actually, now that it is brought up, YES, I cannot stand flourishing with rider back 808s.

I'm also just bored of that back design. It has been the most common deck of cards for so long...

Sep 20, 2008
what? I practice everyday with normal bikes and they just do fine.

I practice with bikes too. It was just something i noticed when i compared it to tallies.. Then Split spades. Then S&M. They actually suck ass in terms of flourishing. Cause those decks i used were near enough dead, and they still felt better than bikes.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This reminds me of when i was in elementary school.
We would say Jordans felt so damn good and they helped us run faster than regular shoes.
Hah!
Its not the shoes son,its the runner.
You put it in your head that cards have better stock than others or are supposed to "suck" so you feel that it does.Its all in ones head.

Sep 20, 2008
We would say Jordans felt so damn good and they helped us run faster than regular shoes.
Hah!
You put it in your head that cards have better stock than others or are supposed to "suck" so you feel that it does.Its all in ones head.

Riiight. Lets use standard cardboard bridge sized cards then. Do a Lepaul with that.

I own a lot of decks. When did i claim that such decks gave me Andrei-Prowess when it comes to flourishing?

I bloody wish they had cards like that. Then i wouldnt have to practice and shiz.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I practice with bikes too. It was just something i noticed when i compared it to tallies.. Then Split spades. Then S&M. They actually suck ass in terms of flourishing. Cause those decks i used were near enough dead, and they still felt better than bikes.

well, I have handled ghosts, black decks and normal bikes, even the karnival deck, I still dont feel the difference, i'll buy a pack or two of tallies and Il tell you guys about it.

Sep 20, 2008
They're all made by Bicycle which means that they have the same stock. (well with the custom E decks, its thicker stock.)

Try some Smoke&mirrors, Aristocrat stock or just Split spades.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Ive handled aristocratic stock before.I do admit they are smoother.
But I can do the exact same flourishes and illusions with them as I do with bicycles.
The flourishes arent any faster or smoother than I make them.

Sep 20, 2008
Ive handled aristocratic stock before.I do admit they are smoother.
But I can do the exact same flourishes and illusions with them as I do with bicycles.
The flourishes arent any faster or smoother than I make them.

I think you're being very close minded when you express your opinions. Have you not got access to any Wynns?

Im tempted to send you a deck just to make you at least pay attention to the gist of this discussion.

its not a comparison. Its not Bicycles vs other decks. its a discussion between Standard bicycle cards and their thickness (or lack thereof) with regards to flourishing.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Your post said share your opinions of bicycles and I did.
I see them(and feel) not much difference. My flourishing isnt affected any which way using different stocks of cards.

May 25, 2009
Cleveland
Hah!

errrr some cards are better. and a lot of shoes feel better then others.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Guys, if you're a good flourisher it won't matter what cards you use. I think the only thing that actually is impacted by the type of cards is fanning, or any kind of spread. Bikes are no worse then Tallys.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
to visualartist:

It's not necessarily true. You see, but you might already know this, that cards have different stocks and finishes that others might prefer more than others. Let's say you are blindfolded, and you have no idea which deck you are picking up. You play around with it for a few minutes, then move on to the next one. After you start playing around with them, you feel that something's different, that might be the stock or finish that's different. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Nov 7, 2008
Cards should be a tool in flourishing, not a purpose or a goal.Any cards do the trick for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results