Good flourishes / tricks for a battle?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
In hopes of someone, ANYONE, taking this advice, i'm gonna see if I can't spread this thing around.

You should read that. Damn it, everyone in the battle section should read that.

to add on to that.
at least take a real challenge like steerpikes streetlight manifesto.

Since you are green,magiclemonbird,you shouldnt even be considering battles yet until you've perfected your moves.

to add on to that.
at least take a real challenge like steerpikes streetlight manifesto.

Since you are green,magiclemonbird,you shouldnt even be considering battles yet until you've perfected your moves.

I agree that you shouldn't really be entering in any battles right now, given the obvious. But if anyone's looking for a real challenge, Steerpike is always one way to go.

Mythology routine battle
Card Manipulation Challenge
Streetlight Manifesto challenge
Exalt of the Weird battle
Money challenge

Although, and i'm sure anyone would back me on this, you should be fairly seasoned to take on one of these. None of these challenges are simple. They require you to really use your mind, instead of just your hands. They're something that everyone on here that considers themselves "Serious", should be able to do, and should do, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that you shouldn't really be entering in any battles right now, given the obvious. But if anyone's looking for a real challenge, Steerpike is always one way to go.

Mythology routine battle
Card Manipulation Challenge
Streetlight Manifesto challenge

Although, and i'm sure anyone would back me on this, you should be fairly seasoned to take on one of these. None of these challenges are simple. They require you to really use your mind, instead of just your hands. They're something that everyone on here that considers themselves "Serious", should be able to do, and should do, imo.

By curiosity what's a Streetlight Manifesto challenge?
I'm also into cardistry. I've gained an intrest into cardistry and enjoy the type of cardistry that Andrei does. I would say that I am "sleightly" better at cardistry than magic. "sleightly" get it!!!!:D
'

Sep 1, 2007
By curiosity what's a Streetlight Manifesto challenge?

Click on the link he posted and find out.

Everyone insists on posting their card manipulation videos to music, so here I'm asking people to use good music like Streetlight Manifesto and The Smiths.

Hell, now that I think of it, somebody should do a coin/paper bill/cigarette manipulation routine to Money by Pink Floyd.

Sep 1, 2007
I get the mental image of a guy in a suit manipulating coins, backpalming $20 bills, and constantly vanishing and producing his cigarette. The bass groove really makes the mental image.

Sep 1, 2007
That sounds like what I had in mind. I would definitely do it, but I don't smoke.

You don't even have to smoke the bloody thing. Novelty cigarettes have foil tips that shine like actual glowing cig cherries and have powder loaded into them so that you can puff out on them (don't breathe in for god's sake!) and create the illusion of smoke.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results