Guardians at Wal-Mart!

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
It's true! I was very surprised! I went to Wal-Mart to get some decks and I find some guardians! There were two deck left. There are the same ones sold here at T11, but the box is different and it has a different advert card, it still came with a double-backer though. I sitting here comparing the ones I bought from T11 and the ones I got at the Wal-Mart. The cards feel the exact same, but they are noticeably a different shade. They're sorta more redish. There's many differences in the box... it feels less rough, more glossy and it's a darker black. On the front where the T11 box says "RIDER BACK" this box says "PLAYING CARDS" (I'm in Canada so it also says everything in french.). On the back of the box instead of showing the back design it says: "Premium - quality playing cards for enhanced performance. Tips and Tricks for the amateur magician inside."
Also it says in bold: "Designed by theory11.com"
Instead of the normal theory11 advert card it has one that, on one side, tells you to go to theory11 for magic training (not it those words though) and on the other side it teaches you a cheap trick.

Well that's my find, I though it was very cool.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Here are some pics (for the one with two boxes the T11 one is on the left)

Attachments

• P1150263.jpg
    P1150263.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 318
  • P1150270.jpg
    P1150270.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 355
  • P1150266.jpg
    P1150266.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 296
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
They announced that this was gonna happen a long time ago actually.
I have yet to find them in stores though.=(
The guardians sold here on T11 are regular air cushion too.

Jul 29, 2008
Nobody flame me for this, but am I the only one a little worried about little kids infesting this site, and buying every trick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against new people coming and joining us, but I'm worried about them buying every trick and doing it poorly and then a bunch of people give magicians a bad name. I might just be overthinking everything though :p

Oct 9, 2008
Gardena,CA
Nobody flame me for this, but am I the only one a little worried about little kids infesting this site, and buying every trick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against new people coming and joining us, but I'm worried about them buying every trick and doing it poorly and then a bunch of people give magicians a bad name. I might just be overthinking everything though :p

i just came back to this thread to put almost the exact same thing.hmm weird

Sep 1, 2007
California
^^ I agree but it is bound to happen eventually. Some will buy, than give up or quit. Others will expose on youtube. But the very special ones, they will stay here, learn more, and hopefull become a much better performer. But that's just my opinion.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I have the same feeling.... however, Theory11 is like the Mr. Christie chocolate chip cookie amongst the large buffet of gourmet cakes when it comes to magic... lay people would not be discovering the REAL gold out there. Not saying Theory11 is bad at all, it isn't, it's a fantastic place. But if you think about it, laypeople could be finding a lot worse.

Oct 11, 2007

I definitely agree. I think if T11 really tries to stress the importance of practice and performance on the dvds we might be able to save a few tutorials from getting on the web. We'll see how it goes though.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
"Hi, my name's Libba Gristle, I'm a magician now too. I bought a deck of them Guardians at my favourite luxury shopping center and now I'm a magician... I see y'all doin' all them fancy tricks... I will hopefully be able to do them too in a few days, to show at my school talent show. by the way, what's a 'Pinky Break'????"

Oct 14, 2008
Dog River
I cant see kids mass revealing tricks because:
These arent at every Wal-Mart which lowers the odds,
usually when people see a website on something they wont even bother going to it which lowers the odds,
if a kid does get into magic cause of this there's always a chance they will take it seriously which lowers the odds,
it would take a lot of kids to really get a reveal thing going.
Meh im just rambling now.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Hmm, I thought about whole bunch of people checking out Theory11 too, but I don't think it'll be a problem at all, for reasons already stated.

Oh they were cheaper too, 3.93 Canadian dollars.

Dec 23, 2008

I agree with this, I don't like people who aren't serious about magic ending up joining some forums and buying some stuff just for the sole purpose of exposure. It's bad enough having sites like LMT and all the unskilled attention mongers on Youtube.

Jan 19, 2008
I dont know about this... I thought T11 was going to stay limited on this site but branched off to local magic shops (which i dont mind) but then other online shops like hocus pocus i hear and other such places? Now walmart!! Well...jjust cards but still, and they are cheaper.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results