Help! Anyone know the name of this trick?

Dec 23, 2013
I remember seeing this trick a few years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember how the trick went. I do, however, remember there only being 3 cards used, of which 2 had red backs and one had blue (or vice versa). I also believe the two cards with same colored backs were jokers/kings etc, while the odd one was an ace. The spectator was shown what they believed to be 3 cards with the same colored backs. Then there were some double lifts and sandwiching, ultimately leading to the ace being sandwiched face-up between the face-down kings, and then the ace's different colored back was revealed.
This might've been a poor description, but I really can't remember any more of it. I just remember it being very fun to perform, and it's bugging me massively that I can't even remember the name of the trick...
Any bright minds out there willing to help a poor guy out? I'd be forever thankful!

Sep 1, 2007
I believe the trick you are thinking of is the Bizarre Twist. HowToDisturbReality does a great tutorial on this trick over here..

Dude, for the love of Christ, do not do this crap. Look, here's the official forum rule on this:

Teaching of ALL effects and/or sleights, moves, etc. is not permitted.

This extends to linking to other people's videos that do the same thing. Sweet chocolate Buddha, man! What about this is so difficult to understand? I don't give a damn that it's your opinion that exposure is okay and I'm pretty sure the mods won't either.

In an effort to get something constructive out of this, since this douchetitan isn't going to do it, I'll give proper sourcing. The Bizarre Twist was created by Paul Harris. You can find it in his Art of Astonishment Trilogy. On a personal note, sandwich effects are not my favorites because they're so hard to work in a motive for, but the trilogy is nevertheless a steep but definitely worthy investment. Paul's thinking is that of a true artist and innovator and getting to see not only the effects but also his descriptions of the creation process can provide some wonderful insight.

Apr 17, 2013
Not only that but he is linking to a guy who exposed David Blaine effects and last I looked some of the T11 guys still work for Blaine.

Apr 17, 2013
The Bizarre Twist was created by Paul Harris. You can find it in his Art of Astonishment Trilogy. On a personal note, sandwich effects are not my favorites because they're so hard to work in a motive for, but the trilogy is nevertheless a steep but definitely worthy investment. Paul's thinking is that of a true artist and innovator and getting to see not only the effects but also his descriptions of the creation process can provide some wonderful insight.

Also the books are from the 90's where you couldn't walk into a shop or dealers room let alone crack open a book or magazine and not find tons of packet and sandwich effects. Those were the thing for a while. But the books are still great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results