Help Me Learn the Classic Pass! (Video Included)

May 30, 2017
I am relatively new to card magic (started about five months ago) and have been working very persistently for over a month on the classic pass (really a riffle pass for me, but ideally I won't need the riffle motion). Please give some tips!

Video:

May 30, 2017
I prefer a lighter, slower touch. I also perform a slight rock rather than the riffle.

When you are tight fast you can pull attention. I would work on doing it a bit more relaxed.
Thank you for the advice! Do you have any tips on how I could get away with a true classic pass (no riffle or anything) to avoid the noise or suspicious motion?

Aug 16, 2011
That loud riffle noise just draws attention to the deck. You want to do the complete opposite. The pass isn't intended to be done while a spectator is burning your hands, but on an offbeat, while directing the spectators attention to something else, more commonly known as "misdirection." Also, your hands look like they're putting a death grip on the cards. I would second Josh's advice to try and work on a lighter touch and be more relaxed. However...if you must do it while someone is burning your hands or even if they aren't, you want to strive to be like the guy in the video below.

Reactions: Josh Mickelson
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Ok, This is very clean. However, I personally do my pass wayyyy slower. I have found that people tend to catch the Hand Twitching action when I go fast, as they see it in there peripheral vision, which catches motion. You have the motion down, now work on your misdirection and take it a bit slower. This will also get rid of the weird snapping noise.

Also, you are riffling way to hard xD

Good luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results