help me make a card bleed

Jul 9, 2008
studio city CA
alright so i have a major english creative assignment due on the Play Julius Caesar and i asked my teacher and instead of doing a poem or cartoon of course im doing a Caesar assasination magic trick and in my mind i have the notion i can make a card Bleed as the climax of the trick sadly im on a bit of a budget and i need some good ideas the more visual the better

Cheers!

the colonel

Jan 13, 2008
Two cards glued together (around the edges), with a red liquid (ketchup, actual fake blood from the store, etc) in between the two cards. And to have the liquid ooze out, you'd need to either have a slit in one of the cards, or leave a small gap around the edges somewhere. In order to mask the slit in the card, I would use a court card, since they're really busy. That's how I'd do it, anyway.

I hope that helps! :)

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Split a card, put a small blood capsule inside, repair the card, there we go.
As said before, use the ultra gaff card
Split a card, layer the inside with blood powder, repair the card, when you stab something wet through it, it will look bloody.

Sep 1, 2007
Let me get this straight... You want to create a magic trick allegorical to the assassination of Julius Caesar... and a card trick is what you turn to?

Well, I guess it's the only way you'll get it into school. They're so paranoid about that nonsense these days...

My advice, simplicity and symbolism defeat viscera.

To that effect, select a card with a lot of white on it to represent Caesar. Do not actually tell anybody that the card represents Caesar. That's too corny and no one will take you seriously.

Create a gaffed duplicate by streaking the face with a red Sharpie. Scratch and slash up the face with an exacto knife. Make sure the cuts are deep enough to be visual, but not deep enough to penetrate to the other side.

Once everyone sees the normal card, switch it using your preferred method for the gaff card and do your favorite version of the Haunted Pack effect. Gaffed card is forced out and revealed to be slashed beyond all hope.

Do not, repeat, DO NOT tell people what represents what. You'll look like a schmuck. The deck in your hand is entirely incidental to the story you are telling. Do not look at it unless you have to.

That said, I still think the idea I just described sucks, but given that it's a school, they'd never let you get away with any of the better ideas I could come up with.

Jul 9, 2008
studio city CA
my original idea was using a false blade with a blood drip but sadly the school i attend isnt knife friendly so im going with a more limited equally graphic aproach

so far my favorite idea was proposed by my younger brother,

a squeeze bag atached to the inside of my shirt filled with fake blood with a thin peice of surgical tubing that runs up a tube along my arm under a watch up my finger to the back of a card with several small pinholes so all i have to do is hold the card up and press on my chest and voilla sadly im lazy so i need some more options, and it must actually bleed no gaff stuff

cheers!

Jan 13, 2008
sadly im lazy so i need some more options, and it must actually bleed no gaff stuff
After hearing that, I'm kind of upset that I helped you. Laziness is hardly an excuse to get other people to do the work for you, especially when it comes to school.

Either way, you have Steerpike's method (with or without some fake blood/ketchup added to it, so it looks like it bled), or my method (or the method similar to mine, although I wouldn't suggest that because be splitting a card and adding something inside of it, even something as fine as powder, it would make for a very bumpy and odd looking card), both of which are extremely easy to prepare and would look fantastic (given what you can do within school rules).

Good luck.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
my original idea was using a false blade with a blood drip but sadly the school i attend isnt knife friendly so im going with a more limited equally graphic aproach

Pencil + squeezable blood packs you get from costume stores which are normally used to apply blood to the face.

I'm not going to walk you through it. You have to think at least a little bit.

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results