Hey everyone... I'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2007
Awesome! Thank you. Do you like the book?

This book is a valuble resource to any magician. if you want to take magic seriously, I highly reccomend either this book, or the Card College series, starting at volume one. (I started at volume three, HUGE mistake) it will teach you everything from how to hold a deck of cards properly. Card College is more expensive though, especially seeing as how there are 5 volumes, and they run about 31-35 bucks each

Mar 21, 2009
This book is a valuble resource to any magician. if you want to take magic seriously, I highly reccomend either this book, or the Card College series, starting at volume one. (I started at volume three, HUGE mistake) it will teach you everything from how to hold a deck of cards properly. Card College is more expensive though, especially seeing as how there are 5 volumes, and they run about 31-35 bucks each

I geuss I will start off with Royal Road then. Thanks though I will look into that for my birthday.

Mar 21, 2009
You're going to learn this at some point, so heed these words

Criss Angel is a worse magician than about 65% of the people on these forums.

~Beans

P.S. You'll also learn that Steerpike is the man. End of story.

Can you elaborate? And Steerpike does seem friendly and helpful.

Sep 1, 2007
Why do you not like Criss Angel????

Criss is a polarizing figure. I personally loved his early work like Supernatural and Made in Japan. But I think the pressure of having to come up with new material season after season has caused him to take shortcuts. He's been busted numerous times for using editing and camera tricks when he claimed there weren't any. And among the community he's burned a number of bridges with arrogance and nastiness.

I don't have to like him as a person, I just wish he would get back in touch with the elements that made his early work so good.

Of course, I'm actually a lot more sympathetic than most. Again, magic politics. Getting a bunch of magicians together is a bit like organizing a soccer match between a team of Serbians and a team of Armenians. A fight is inevitable.

Mar 21, 2009
Criss is a polarizing figure. I personally loved his early work like Supernatural and Made in Japan. But I think the pressure of having to come up with new material season after season has caused him to take shortcuts. He's been busted numerous times for using editing and camera tricks when he claimed there weren't any. And among the community he's burned a number of bridges with arrogance and nastiness.

I don't have to like him as a person, I just wish he would get back in touch with the elements that made his early work so good.

Of course, I'm actually a lot more sympathetic than most. Again, magic politics. Getting a bunch of magicians is a bit like organizing a soccer match between a team of Serbians and a team of Armenians. A fight is inevitable.

That makes more sense, and your wording owns.

Sep 1, 2007
Funny you should say that. I also have a book out. The link in my signature is to my website and you'll find the details in the Magic section.

Oh how humble you are steerpike.

You're not allowed to advertise in these forums by the way... >.>

*clicks to buy Steerpike's book*

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Yes I will. Why would you make a generalization that I wouldn't?

Criss, not as a generalization but as a warning

Listen VERY carefully

DON'T BUY EVERYTHING THAT LOOKS REALLY REALLY COOL WHEN YOU FIRST START OUT, DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT DON'T DO IT ...DON'T DO IT.

Now that's out of the way, please don't buy everything you see and spend tons of money on things you'll never use.

You're going to get hooked on tricks and learning because it's fun and awesome, but do not fall into the trap that probably everyone did, I'm saving you money and telling you not to do it, buy books or DVD's that teach basics, and work on those basics, Coin basics, Card Basics, maybe some impromptu basics.

Bobo's coin magic etc etc...

~Beans
Don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results