How big is your hand?

Aug 14, 2014
Hello fellow theory 11-ers, I'm 16 and I've been doing magic since I was 12 but recently I have taken up the art of cardistry. So far I'm finding it pretty difficult because sometimes I think my hand is too small. Just for ships and giggles, how big is your hand? And how does one measure the size of their hand? Below is how I measured my hand and the size.

My hand is 6.8 inches from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger using a ruler.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I feel like most of the hand size issues go away with practice. That said I measured my hands the same way you did they're about 8 inches the way you measured.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
7.5 inches... normal hands. After a year in cardistry, I have the strange feeling that my left hand has less body fat than my right... Better start working on two-handed L-cuts soon...

Aug 14, 2014
7.5 inches... normal hands. After a year in cardistry, I have the strange feeling that my left hand has less body fat than my right... Better start working on two-handed L-cuts soon...
LOL. I can't do L-cuts with my right hand.

englandzilon

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Hello fellow theory 11-ers, I'm 16 and I've been doing magic since I was 12 but recently I have taken up the art of cardistry. So far I'm finding it pretty difficult because sometimes I think my hand is too small. Just for ships and giggles, how big is your hand? And how does one measure the size of their hand? Below is how I measured my hand and the size.

My hand is 6.8 inches from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger using a ruler.
I think i know whats is the problem.
from my wrist line to tip of the middle finger is 18cm.
There are only 2 things you are lacking of.

1. Practice
2. Time

Flourish require many hours of doing it over and over again till your finger adapt to the motion and also muscle memory. i still remembering when i was practicing kryptonite by dan and dave i could not stretch far enough for the packet to fall. Give it some time and practice.

Same for palming. When i straighten all my fingers in between of my fingers there has a gap. Skinny hands i would say. people can see the palm card. But with practice, misdirection and confidence. I am able to do a palm on the fly in my performance.

To wrap up.
Give it some time and practice.
Hope that helps.

Mar 14, 2015
Washington
I'm almost 16 and my hands are about 7.5 inches palm to middle finger and nearly 8 inches pinkie to thumb. Hand size generally can be worked around and the biggest issue is usually lack of practice from my experience, or simply use bridge size cards. The manipulation cards from T11 are very nice for fanning.

Nov 26, 2013
7 inches....
The hand is one of the most prominent features of the human body.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results