How many people see you perform per week?

On average, how many people see you perform per week?

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
Friends,

I need some quick data. On average, how many people per week see you perform per week?

Thanks for submitting the data to the poll above!

Jason

Jan 13, 2008
If this is for a school project of some sort, I'd just like to mention that this can't be generalized to all magicians, or even magicians who shop at/go to the theory11 website and/or forum, but rather to those who frequent the General Discussion forum.

Also, it's important to note that a huge source of bias is that your sample wasn't randomly chosen.

And, of course, I replied to the poll.

I hope this helps you! :)

Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
If this is for a school project of some sort, I'd just like to mention that this can't be generalized to all magicians, or even magicians who shop at/go to the theory11 website and/or forum, but rather to those who frequent the General Discussion forum.

Also, it's important to note that a huge source of bias is that your sample wasn't randomly chosen.

And, of course, I replied to the poll.

I hope this helps you! :)

The desired population is magicians that I can target with my online videos, so this should be a good place to get a sample.

And no, this is not for school. It is for something far more ambitious ;-) .

Jason

Nov 18, 2008
CA
So that's what the world has come to.
People seeing you do tricks over the internet counts as a performance?
Wow. Thanks for the wake up call
Some weeks i don't perform at all but usually it's around 10 or 15 people a week. Are you using this data for a project or something? Just wondering.

Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
So that's what the world has come to.
People seeing you do tricks over the internet counts as a performance?
Wow. Thanks for the wake up call

Welcome to internet 2.0. The impact of things seen in person versus things seen online has become increasingly similar.

Obviously, you cannot get the same satisfaction from having a video online than you would performing in person. No question. What I'm interested in knowing now is how many people can be affected, or lives be impacted, from giving just one magician something new to perform.

Imagine teaching 1,000 magicians. Each magician performs for 100 people in a year...that's 100,000 lives positively affected by magic.

Incredible?

Jason

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I don't know about online, but this week, probably around 60 people. Normally much less than that, though. I debuted Thread at school, and I've performed it in nearly all of my classes, and two times in one (the first time was just for two people). I also performed for my siblings. Now, I've performed magic everyday in my 7th Hour class this week- does that count as like 100 people, since I did perform for them on different days, or does it just count as the 20 or so, since they're the same people? I'm going to assume that it counts as 20 or so.

I'm also going to try to get a restaurant gig next week, so that'll increase the number quite a bit.

So this week, I've probably performed for about 60 people. I'll be performing in my 7th Hour class every Friday from now on, so that's 20 people a week right there. Unless they don't count because again, they're the same people. It just greatly depends.

Apr 28, 2008
I'd say I perform for about 30 people a week live, as for the internet I rarely post videos online, I don't see much point.

Watchng a video on the internet isn't even close to seeing a live performance, there's no intereaction, no real connection, nothing that makes a performance truly memorable to your spectators. Also, very few people watch magic on the internet, they have better things to do. Almost all the people who watch magic videos on the internet are other magicians.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results