How to create excitement?

Mar 24, 2009
Hey guys, I've noticed that at different places and venues people are more energic and in other less so. When they are not so energic they are also less excited about my magic and are trying to figure out how am I doing all the crazy stuff that I do :D. This of course is no good, so I need to find a way to change that.

What do you do or what do you recommend doing to raise the energy level of a group of laypeople and make them more excited about what they are about to experience?

Jun 1, 2009
Exemplify the phrase "enthusiasm is contagious." If you're excited, chances are they will be excited also. Now I'm not saying run and yell everywhere, but if you show that you are excited to perform for them, it should rub off on your audience.

Jacob

I would recommend you look into Bill Malone's videos, he's a very dynamic, energetic performer from which you can gleam many ideas from. The main thing I picked up on is his use of crowd participation, which should be inherent in ANY performance artists show & would definetely help to raise the energy level of you, as well as the audience. By watching him, you will see that you dont have to necessarily do a killer effect to illicit applause, laughter, cheering etc. So focusing on how to get them clapping & cheering without relying SOLEY on your effects is the key.

Dec 11, 2010
California
I agree with Jacob L on the point that enthusiasm is contagious. But I would also add in that it also depends on the environment of where you are doing your magic. IE: Doing magic in a bar will get you different levels of reactions then preforming at a funeral. Which also leads to the next point of it depends on how the person is feeling currently.
If someone just got off a roller coaster ride he/she will be more enthusiastic as someone who is getting ready to take their finals in school.

Over all, it is important that you yourself are excited about the trick as much if not more then they are. By doing so they will become more enthusiastic about your effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results