I don't want but I want...

Apr 2, 2011
Since I was I guess 7 or 8 years old, I was fascinated with Bee Decks because I always watch the movie God of Gamblers. Moving on to the present time, I'm currently using Bee Black Stingers. I really loved this deck because of the beauty and simplicity of the back design.

Now I saw the Ellusionist LTD deck. All I can say is wow. Just wow. I really want it but I don't want to spend $150 just for that. I don't really know what to do. Please advise. Thanks

Jun 1, 2009
Ask for it for Christmas, buy it, or don't buy it. Those really are your main options here. We can say whatever we want but it's going to come down to what you really want.
Do you really want to shell out 150 for a deck of cards? Or you can spend it on some killer magic (that's half of the TA box set) or just save it up for something later.

I can't personally justify spending $150 bucks just to get a deck of cards. There is SOOO much magic I can get for less money, and make it go further for me. For example I just spent less than fifty dollars, and got Dan Sperry's card manipulation series vol. 1-3, Andrei Jikh's intro to cardistry, b4 cut, and two manipulation decks. In short I've got more than enough info on card magic to build a whole act out of, and I've spent less than a quarter of whats required to err "win"?? (is that the right word?) the LTD deck.

However if you really want that deck, then you'll need to find 150$ worth of product that you can spend it on to get it. Pure Smoke is an easy purchase in that price range, and well worth it if you ask me. Ultimately, if you don't get it now you know damn well you'll spend over $200 for a deck on ebay later. Chose your battles wisely.

Apr 2, 2011
I just realized now that spectators don't really care much about what deck of cards you use. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I really don't know what to do.

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
In the end it is only your choice. Do you want to spend $150 on a deck of cards only for the rarity and design. It also depends if you are going to use it or not and if it is really worth that.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
The deck is out of stock, it says so on the Ellusionist's site. The good news is that if you still want to throw away huge amounts of money to get a deck of cards, Gold Arcane deck in gold-bolted Lucite case is still available if only you want to spend 475$.
Ah, who am I kidding? I completely understand you: you see a rare packet of cardboards that costs 200$ and you're thinking about buying it, I'm crazy that way, too.

Feb 4, 2008
I'm a pretty big card nut and even I wouldn't spend $150.00 on magic I don't want just to get a deck. Remember...the key word is "bonus." If there is $150 worth of magic at E that you really want then go for it and enjoy your "bonus," but you don't want to load your bottom drawer with crap just to put one deck on the mantel.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
My gf bought me pure smoke, refilles, 1 deck of infinity

and what did i choose at the 150$ range?

The gold coins...

wtf will I do with a 150$ deck of cards? they will collecxt dust with the rest of the crap I never use....on the other hand, i couldve picked the cards up and then sell them to people like you on ebay for 400$ + lol

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The LTD decks are still available as a bonus. The out of stock notice is on the product page because you cant just buy the decks. For the next day or so, you can actually get two LTD decks if you buy $150 worth of stuff.

That being said, I agree that you shouldn't just buy $150 worth of stuff you dont want just to get the cards. But if you are buying Pure Smoke or the True Astonishment DVD or a bunch of other stuff, the decks are a nice bonus.

Feb 4, 2008
My gf bought me pure smoke, refilles, 1 deck of infinity

and what did i choose at the 150$ range?

The gold coins...

wtf will I do with a 150$ deck of cards? they will collecxt dust with the rest of the crap I never use....on the other hand, i couldve picked the cards up and then sell them to people like you on ebay for 400$ + lol
Who said that those cards were worth $150? Or that they will ever get to $400? I spent a couple hundred at Penguin one year and got Greg Wilson's Ring Leader DVD as a bonus.....Does that mean ring leader is worth $150?

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
That's an arguable comment. He was talking about a deck of cards, which with more use, they get closer to being perished. As opposed to your DVD for lack of better term, imperishable.

Back to the original poster. It's really going to be up to you if you deem the rare deck of cards that's worth cashing out 150 for. Of course, you can get some nice stuff with that money (Pure smoke, etc) also. For me, 150 is a lot of money to spend at once and got bills to pay, and food on table is always more important than magic.

Apr 2, 2011
I want that LTD deck not to sit in my drawer, not to sell, but for everyday performance. I guess I'm forced to buy pure smoke. :(

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I want that LTD deck not to sit in my drawer, not to sell, but for everyday performance. I guess I'm forced to buy pure smoke. :(

I bought Pure Smoke and a few decks and realized that I got an LTD for "free". Made me quite happy, until a few hours later E announced whoever paid $150 from that point in time until Saturday got TWO LTD's. A bunch of people were less than pleased in this situation.

Patients is a good word. It took me almost 2 years to save up for Mnemonica. I also want some silver dollars which won't happen... I will probably get the E silver dollar size coins some day but you know.

In the end materials aren't that precious. If you go perform for a stranger, some one sitting there looking sad or bored, And you show them something magical and make there day with a old deck of cards from the dollar store... it's worth a million dollars in my own opinion.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
150 bucks for a pack of cards is just way too much. There are things on the Market that are better than that, hell Pure Smoke looks great and when they start doing the different color cartridges, I could easily see some good uses out of it. Like a really good Color Changing Deck, or using Pure Smoke with Extreme Burn or basically any Bill Change. Hell you could make a normal coins across routine look even better with Pure Smoke. Etc etc.

As for spending 150 dollars on a pack of cards.. Those cards better coated in 24k gold.

Feb 4, 2008
Okay it seems my sarcasm went over a few heads. It appears as if some of you think E is selling a deck of cards for $150.....They are NOT. They are "Giving away" a deck of LTD.s for purchases of $150. If you will notice on their promo page they are also "giving away" some deck seals for purchases of $75.00 or more. That does not mean that E is selling deck seals for $75. It means that they will give you some deck seals if you spend over $75 at their store. So you get $75 of other magic stuff that you ordered...AND deck seals.

It is a Christmas Bonus nothing more. I personally think it is a pretty weak holiday bonus, compared to some of the others out there, but it is not a ridiculous as some of you are trying to make it sound.

E is NOT selling a deck of cards for $150. They are giving people a $6.00 deck for free if people buy $150 worth of other magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results