Impossible card switch//Original effect

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
"No cuts No edits No gimmicks just pure slight of hand."

Perhaps you should change your name to BSmagic :p

Just kidding. I can't really say that there is anything wrong about lying about a method, so long as you are not using it as a sales pitch for a product, but it can make you look bad when you get caught.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
"No cuts No edits No gimmicks just pure slight of hand."

Perhaps you should change your name to BSmagic :p

Just kidding. I can't really say that there is anything wrong about lying about a method, so long as you are not using it as a sales pitch for a product, but it can make you look bad when you get caught.
There aren't any gimmicks... Not as far as I can see at least. I guess it depends on what you call a gimmick maybe? If I'm thinking along the right lines.

Everything he said is the truth... If he doesn't make reference to anything else... so be it.

Either way, just because you can't see yet how it could be done without gimmickeroosies (new word, you all have to use it at least once this year), you shouldn't really jump to conclusions.

- Sean

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I would have to say, technically, it would be a gaff then, as by deffinition, anything the audience does not see is a gimmick, and anything they see, but secretly does something, or is altered, like a double facer, or a black art card, or a thumb tip, would be a gaff.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I would have to say, technically, it would be a gaff then, as by deffinition, anything the audience does not see is a gimmick, and anything they see, but secretly does something, or is altered, like a double facer, or a black art card, or a thumb tip, would be a gaff.
I'm presuming you think he's using a black art card? If so... I'm inclined to believe otherwise... be interesting to hear from the original poster, though. :)

Black art is definitely one how... I just don't think that's the how in this video.

- Sean

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
LMAO, I just watched it again. Can't believe I missed that. Not that it's obvious, or poorly done, just surprised I went where I did in my assumptions.

I guess I was more distracted by the other technique/method employed with the 2 of Spades.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
LMAO, I just watched it again. Can't believe I missed that. Not that it's obvious, or poorly done, just surprised I went where I did in my assumptions.

I guess I was more distracted by the other technique/method employed with the 2 of Spades.

The misdirection is perfect.

Very nice trick. From thought process to excecution, it was near bout perfect. And hey, there is no perfect.

-Rik

Jan 4, 2009
hi ! i cant believe i got this much feed back! thanks for all the comments including the haters because you are giving me vital feed back. Im going to try to respond to the comments about the gimmick.
i shall not go into the method but i would like to say this... i create and post you tube videos as if im preforming for people not magicians, and can you say as a magician that you have never lied to a spectator about a methods... quote " nooo this is a real deck of cards! ".
As magicains we are liars!

thanks for your feed back im currently working on another version of this because i have gotten a lot of feed back on other threads as well.

Dec 15, 2008
Was it done with and cut around the 25 second mark? The camera panned left just a bit, I noticed by looking in the top right hand corner of the video where the white meets the black on the wall. There is less white in frame after 25 seconds.

Jan 4, 2009
Was it done with and cut around the 25 second mark? The camera panned left just a bit, I noticed by looking in the top right hand corner of the video where the white meets the black on the wall. There is less white in frame after 25 seconds.

LMFAO ... hahahaa ... Sorry.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results