Kids copying me and messing up my tricks.

Sep 1, 2007
While I agree that there is a lack of respect being shown here I don't think your solution quite applies. We know absolutely nothing about his situation, or his reputation at school, therefore it would be wrong of us to just assume he's a social zero relying only on magic for a sense of self identity. Is it a probability? Sure it could very well be, but I wouldn't be so quick to pass that judgement based on what little I know of his situation. Text on a screen does a poor job of conveying personality, sincerity, tone, and meaning. I only have cold stale words to work with here. I think it's more of a case of audience control, environment control, and just knowing when to walk away.

It doesn't take a psychic to develop a skill for pattern recognition. The kid's not stupid. He just overestimates his position on the totem pole.

Nov 27, 2010
I agree with this sentence, William. And those skills are a byproduct of the Social IQ that I was referring to. If he could do those things he would have the social respect that we're saying he is lacking.

As for us passing judgement based on his original post; did we make some assumptions? Sure, absolutely. And BlueSpade proved our assumptions right when he said things like he was "begged/forced" into performing. People with high social value don't get forced into anything, they're the ones who set the pace. Forget his little tirade about criticism or how he didn't need to read the "How to Influence.." book, just that fact alone shows why our assumptions were correct and why Joey has turned into a huge problem.

Even with this specific issued solved, I think those who are reading this thread and can identify with BlueSpades problem should take a lot from what Steerpike and I have said. Even though this particular issued is solved because guys like Joey (who also have low social IQ) implode on their own, I assure you that BlueSpade will find himself in similar situations again and again if he doesn't resolve his social problems.

Nothing is ever 100%, but certain assumptions can be made based on certain symptoms. This is one of those times.

Just to let guys know I was not forced to preform to the upperclassmen like I said before. I actualy wanted to preform to the upperclassmen. Like any other kid I took advantage of the opportunity I had to benefit my reputation. I had to say this beacuse people are making really deep assumptions based on my poor choice of vocabulary.

Even though the problem has been handled I am still trying to figure out ballers point. On his first post he basically said that if I have magic as one of my many talents i will be respected. Magic/cardistry is one of my many talents like I said before.

In all honesty I did use magic to make friends ,but I made friends everywhere without magic. On my track team nobody knew I did magic for weeks untill my cards fell from my locker. They asked me why I have cards and I hit them with my best routine. They were all my friends before they knew I did magic.

In a way I do agree with you baller ,beacuse I have noticed the friends I made without magic or any of my talents are more loyal and reliable. All of my friends from the track team refused to watch a preformance from joey when I told them he was trying to reveal my secrets.

I am not trying to be rude ,but I really want to know what ballers real point is. I make a lot of friends with magic and without magic. I think they are just ordinary hecklers that want attention. It was mostly my fault for being such a showoff with my cardistry ,but I will work on that.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Well, first off I must say that english is not my primary language, so be kind with my vocabulary ;). Second, I did read How to win friends and influence a total of 19 time, 20 coming soon. Even if you dont have any problem on the social level, it's always a good thing to read that book. It's on the top 10 best seller of all time on the non-fiction book. A lot of the richest people agreed to the fact that your relation with people will make you rich or poor, depending on how good it is. So, even if you dont "any" problem with your social, it's a really good book to read. Third, we all know that "stupid" people exist. Even if you are the top of your industry, they will always be people who will throw **** at you and try to make you feel bad. I had that problem in all my primary and middle school. A little on college. Not with magic of course, because I didn't do magic until last week (began last Sunday). But for me, the problem was a really low self esteem. I want to prove to anyone that I was somebody, and no one wants that. So yes, maybe your attitude was in fault. Maybe Baller and Steerpike are rigth about a "low" social IQ, but hey you're not 20 + so it's ok to be the way you are. But to respond to what you're asking:I really want to know what ballers real point is, I think he wants you to "mature" and have the attitude of "Yeah, it's true that you can steal my trick, but you cannot steal what I am". If you're angry about that, you exposed yourself to more bullying. If you are convince about what you do, do what you must, be polite and the rest will follow. You cannot force "respect". I have a quote that I red in a book about leadership that resume my though: "To be a leader, the most important thing is not to have follower, but to have a destination. Only if you move toward it that people will want to follow you."

I hope that will help you. By the way, if you think I'm rude or harsh, that's not what I wanted. It's just that since english is not my primary language, I must make short and direct sentence. Forgive me if I "hurt" you.

Have a great day.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results