LEVIT- Extreme Close up Levitation System

Hello Guys, I'm here to let you all know about my good friend and magician Timothy Laws. He has a nice effect out, and I want you guys to be on this as well.

What the effect does:

The performer hands out his business card. Before they accept the card he pulls it back and says that he will demonstrate something using the card.

The card is levitated within inches of the spectator! Not only that but they are free to look underneath the levitated card to satisify their curiosity!

Hold on it's not over! While the card is levitated the spectator is asked to take the card! They do and the performer does not move his hand away! He leaves everything in full view so they can inspect the card and hands!

Nothing is ever added to or taken away from the card. Truthfully the spectator can take the card at any time!

Instantly resets for a truly great walk around effect.

Want to do it in full sunlight? No problem!

1 hour and 15 minute dvd includes all the instruction for this effect and several others! As well as all necessary materials to perform these feats hundreds of times. And the refill packs are very economical as well and enough materials to perform thousands of times!

Easy to learn and to perform! But don't let that detract from the sheer power of the affect on the audience. This is an extremely powerful effect!

Other effects included:

"Blubber" A rubber band is seemingly brought to life- acts like a catapillar or spider crawling all over the performer after being levitated.

"Levit- Standing card" A playing card or business card is stood on it's edge in the performers hand. Nice effect in it's own right but there is more after the card stands on edge the performer waves in a mystical manner again and the card rises! Verticaly the card is levitated!

also demonstrated on the dvd is how to move objects on a table using the system. This doesn't even need to be a levitation to mystify and amaze an audience! As well as a demonstration of how much weight before the gimmick is useless! Amazingly 44 bicycle playing cards was successfully levitated before the gimmick gave way! This is not saying you should levitate almost a full deck of cards. but it's certainly capable of routinely handing out business cards at your event!

This is a well thought out and proven method of levitation that's been used by Timotheous thousands of times!

My signature will provide you with links to this DVD.

Video of Levit:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1486853097116

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERha3-rmmqw

Last edited by a moderator:

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
The colourchange that he does looks extremely unnatural and you could achieve something very similliar with sleight of hand.

That's not Levit.

Anyways, here is my review of Levit. Timotheous gave me this in exchange for an honest review of his product. Here we go.

Practicality: 9/10 This effect is awesome. It truly blew me away. I hate any normal levitation effect and I knew when I saw the demo that it wasn't a normal effect. You will use this effect. It's easy to store and if someone hands you a pencil or something and ask for you to do magic, then you can easily levitate the pencil. You won't be worried about people burning your hands or the object being levitated. It just works. Tim found a solution to a problem that many levitations have which I think is wavering, or spinning the object while it floats, such as Spun and HummerCard. I really can't stand that. It just screams string.

Setup: There is a bit of a setup to begin with but with the storage that is on you at all times it would take maybe 2 seconds to do. The storage that Tim found is really really cool.

Have you ever wanted to levitate something without people waving their hands over what ever it is your levitating and finding out the secret? Now you can. You can even put a card underneath the card you're floating. They can take the card out of mid air as well. Imagine setting a card in your palm, turning the palm and card face down on the table to get "static", rub the card on the table, lift your palm off the table, the card stays on the table and after a bit of concentration, the card rises up off the table. You could also have someone place a styrofoam cup in front of you. You don't ever touch it. You still manage to levitate it off the table, and have it shoot away from your hands and let someone pick it up and inspect it.
I literally played with Levit for about ten minutes, showed my buddy who always asked me to levitate something, and I made a playing card float off of my palm and this guy goes, "Oh my God that's amazing!! Can you float a car, too?!"

For the people that burn hands: They're gonna have a hell of a time finding the gimmick, which makes me really happy.

You can have an object levitate in one hand, transfer the object to the other hand and it still levitates! You can float things horizontally..... or vertically with no wavering of the object, which is why I was so interested. This hookup can hold quite a bit of weight. As Cedric said, 44 cards. That is a lot of cards. And if you use another certain kind of gimmick, it will hold a lot more. There are also Pk effects on the dvd which tickled my fancy because I have a horde of Pk effects.

This effect for me is 10/10. I don't care about the quality of the video as Tim goes over everything you need to know about Levit. When this comes out, buy it. Don't question it, buy it.

Jan 5, 2010
Wow J.Slade

That's one heck of a review! I don't know what to say other than THANK YOU!

I know that I pulled it off to re-shoot to improve the quality of audio and video. what actually happened is not so much the a/v but rather the input from a handful of guys changed my direction! So the end result is much more powerful now. It's truly a system rather than a one trick DVD!

There is one correction that should be noted: The demonstration of "blubber" was pulled! It is no longer on the dvd. The method of animating the rubber band after levit was completed was too similar to Jon LeClair's animator! Jon is a good friend that I consult with and I did not want to even come close to infringing on his effect! So I took it off!

Again I thank you for your review! and will also like to add that the first shipment of the dvd's will arrive this week. If the quality of the duplicator and the print is acceptable then the project will be fully launched!

P.S. If anybody tells you that it's easy to make an instructional video of magic. They are full of it! If they tell you the second and third ones get easier they are probably right! It has truly been a learning experience for me!

Timothy Laws - AKA "Timotheous"

Jan 5, 2010
Wait a second...
The "Theft" color change is nothing more than Jeff McBride's Window Change found in this video at 2 min and 11 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxrnxKGM35E

I agree in the similarities. Matter of fact his change looks better! I didn't know he published the 'window change' The theft color change is very complex in that it uses a bottom deal get ready, flip over pass move, showing both hands empty, then finally the theft of the card into a freaky horizontal palm that can show the fingers wide open all the way thru the color change. Not a typical palm or tenki but something in between.

I apologize for the sloppy handling that was released in this particular video. It has spread all over the internet and I don't think I can retract it! I do perform this and with a 'live' audience I can misdirect them with a bit of dialogue such as "You have a choice! Would you like to see your card appear from the face of the deck like this... or from the back of the deck like that!" The moves are completed and the card is in bi-lateral palm/tenki thingy by that time. in the offbeat.

He doesn't show on that video how he got into position for the change. but I do agree that his is very fluid! and quite possibly the same flash method. I'll have to speak with him to find out if they are the same. The "theft" color change is not released and actually may never be released. It needs a lot of work and is on the back burner!

If you would like to brainstorm "Theft color change" with me I welcome it. It has been one of those 'pet peeves' that I just can't seem to put down. I'm sure it can be done in a smoother fashion with other moves replacing the ones I'm using. Drop me a note or find me on facebook and we will crunch it together!

However this is not on the "Levit" DVD. Levit is a separate entity in it's own right. The teaser video was a compilation of different effects only. And actually me playing around with my new camera.

Feel free to ask me anything! short of exposing I'll be happy to help!

Timothy Laws

Jan 5, 2010
"Levit" extreme close-up levitation system

Is Finally released!

www.omegamagic.com

The most awesome putty for magical purposes will follow shortly! (within a week of this post)

Thank you Cedric Taylor for getting this thread started!
As I've stated before--- you are the best!

until next we meet-
-Timotheous

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results