Levitations

Sep 4, 2007
That response was just cryptic enough to leave me with no idea whatsoever about the possible drawbacks of this effect. I thank you kindly.

=P Well Its hard to explain without really revealing.

Let me try again, please =).

Skywalker is an advancement of the " David Blaine Levitation ".

It's much more unique and from the video as you could see, the only real angle you'd have to worry about is behind you.

It's something I wouldn't rely on, but thats me, heres a review from TMC..

The gimmick is ingenious. Such a different, unique and creative method for performing one of the most visually stunning levitations out there on the market today. The gimmick isn't at all hard to construct, and the Skywalker booklet goes deeply into the perfect contruction of your gimmick. You will most likely have to go out to buy some materials, but you can definitely be frugal and go cheap at a Thrift Store as it really doesn't make a difference when it comes to the gimmick's effectiveness. Depending on what type of "Gimmick Three" you construct, the height of the levitation is totally up to you. However, it cannot exceed four inches, which is totally fine as four inches is a very impressive height.

The booklet outlines the detailed contruction of each Component of the Skywalker Gimmick. This gimmick can be quickly and easily attached or removed, which is a bonus for reasons I shall outline later. After each Component is properly constructed and adjustments are made, everything is put together and the Skywalker booklet illustrates the basic technique used for the levitation. Once you have made the gimmick, you can pretty much just start practicing away with it!

The effect itself will take about a week or so of decent practice time to be ready for public performance, mainly to follow and practice the specific technique used for the actual levitation and the descent immediately following. The smoother it is, the more magical and amazing it looks! And trust me, this one looks GOOD. There will definitely be some balance issues in the beginning, but depending on the way you constructed your gimmick, this factor can be easily or difficultly dealt with.

Another small issue with the Skywalker levitation is the issue of discomfort. Unless you have taken extra precautions during the construction of your gimmick, the levitation may hurt a little bit... I would describe is as the same pain you feel when you have a rock in your shoe. It is not really as painful as it is uncomfortable, but this issue can be quickly overcome with time. Another source of discomfort or pain could come from walking around with the gimmick on. There are a few ways to overcome this, one of which is taking off the gimmick completely (a very easy task). If you would like to be ready to perform this levitation anytime, it would be best to leave the gimmick on, and the Skywalker booklet teaches how to develop a natural and comfortable walk with the gimmick on. It was a great idea to include this.

The factors of the levitation are exactly as they are described in the Skywalker advertisements. A few things to clear up here:

ANGLES: The angles on this levitation are some of the best you'll find. There is an approximate 160 degree viewing angle possibility with the only area of the body restricted from viewing being from directly behind the performer.

THE RISE: The rise-up is extremely effective and is one of the smoothest available. No funny moves or weird set-ups, just walk up to someone and immediately rise off the ground. Really, it can be done instantaneously with absolutely no fumbling or hesitation. I really love that feature, almost as much as I love the ascent possibilities. Really, you can leave your legs spread apart during this. I LOVE THIS... it really looks like real magic and shows the spectators you have nothing to hide (although you really do).

As stated before, depending on what Component Three you construct, the levitation height varies. Also, the highest levitation point for Skywalker is about 4 inches. When you find out what Component Three is, you'll see what I mean by this.

THE DESCENT: None cleaner. Straight-up, straight-down, the end. The same as the Rise-Up, the descent has no clean-up, funny moves, or hesitation. Just drop to ground level and walk away, as simply as that.

So, clearly, this levitation is superior to most levitations on the market, not only because of its extra features but because of its cheap cost as well. I doubt you will evef find a less expensive levitation that doesn't requite the use of a jacket covering your legs.

OVERALL: Overall, I give this fantastic new product by The Enchantment an 8/10. The method is ingenious as well as being very fresh and creative, the gimmick is easy to construct and wear, and the levitation looks astounding. The future of self levitations is here. Highly recommended!

Michael Kras

Well Charles I read around on the levitation you have in the works and I'm still really looking forward to it's release. I hope you modify it and work on it hard so it can become marketed because I think it's rather revolutionary, I tried to stay on topic the best I could but just wanted to say that to you.

-RA69

Sep 3, 2007
all i do is the balducci. its a whenever wherever lev. and if you present it right then it gets great reactions. and some people do know the trick. but i have seen people tell me after i did the lev that they saw a stupdi one where they go on one foot. and then they tel me this was 10 times better. lol

lol im gonna try that now

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results