Little bit of street magic by Motas.

Jul 13, 2009
I had to cut alot of the fat from your post seeing as this was only worth adressing.
Actually if you read my post,it meant that my film was very flawed and got criticized intensely kiddo. There was discontinuity,too much head room,sloppy editing,etc.At least the liked the story.
But just like here,the critics were harsh and some were too nice to offer any good criticism.

He postes a video to see what we thought.
And I stand by it. He has the same character as every schmoe with a deck of card and I told him that. Maybe he will actually put some personality into his performance later because if everyone just tells him "nice job" he will mistake this praise for criticism. And wont grow.
Now if this is all he likes doing and doesnt want to bother with everything else that comes with being a magician thats perfectly fine.He likes showing people tricks every once in a while and make videos,thats totally cool.
But im not gonna assume everyones a hobbyist all the time. If they post something then I think that they want to go somewhere with their magic and I will criticize as such.

YOUR CRITIQUE TECHNIQUE SUCKS!!!

You really need to be quiet Visual, go work on taking your supposed criticism and work on the next best indie film. The criticism that you, everyone is talking about is terrible and not constructive in the slightest.

I suggest all of y'll who are saying your giving good criticism check out this link.
Click For Enlightenment

here are some examples of bad criticism
1. That logo design sucks, who the heck would pay for something like that!?
2. I hate red and green, why not use black and white instead!
3. I can’t read the text.
Sounds familiar right? Lets switch it around a bit shall we?

1. That flourish drew away from the trick, how do you expect to fool someone like that?
  2. I hate when flourishing is combind with magic, why not just put the card into the middle of the deck and then show it on top?
  3. I am so bloated on ego I do not understand what anyone is tying about.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

You really need to be quiet Visual, go work on taking your supposed criticism and work on the next best indie film. The criticism that you, everyone is talking about is terrible and not constructive in the slightest.

I suggest all of y'll who are saying your giving good criticism check out this link.
Click For Enlightenment

Hey man, I think im going to disagree with you on this one:

Let's analyse Visual post shall we?

Nothing unique, nothing original.
There was no street magic here,just card tricks.
I say this because telling the audience what to do and what is happening is so overplayed and lacks emotion in the first place.
All in all,everything happened too fast and comes off as skill to me as layman,not magi
c.

(I highlighted the critic part from the post)

Now, it was a bit rude, I udnerstand that part and I agree with your post about that, hellz you know that im even meaner when criticising someone over the internet, I am guilty of doing exactly that, but that's a topic for another day.

The thing that I did notice during this entire "discussion" was that at least, (in a rude kinda way) visual artist never attacked Joker personally and he went straight ahead to answering only the things that were unclear, just like this post:

Sheesh I gotta spoon feed you everything.
Im saying not everyone will critique you the same way and end with a "nice job though,at least your out performing!!"Thats for the birds.
Besides,if he has real passion and really loves doing magic,he wont get discouraged and wuss out of magic because some people talked down to him.
Did Michael bay stop wanting to direct films after he wasnt allowed to go to his choice film school?Because he wasnt "good" enough? No.
He sucked it up and pushed forward anyway regardless of what others said.
If all you want is a rose layed path for you by us,your gonna fall flat on your face.

But I kinda understand the rude aspect, If you read the post he answered, the guy was attacking him personally "get of your high horse" "I forgot you know everything"

I at least expected him to discuss the points that Visual was making (that I must say, I agree with them) and let's be sincere, you have done it in the past too Ke'oke, you haven't "sugar coated" your comments for the sake of the other person's ego.

My only problem with your post (the one with the coolest pictures on the site) is that you were adressing Visual directly, calling him on his posts and criticising him directly, not actually discussing the points that he made or trying to get an answer out of it.

:) Let's be nice everybody.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX

You really need to be quiet Visual,

Ill be quiet when I feel like it.
And you dont think their critique technique sucks? They flat out told me what sucked about my film and thats it. Does that mean I shouldnt listen to it? Or shrug it off because I didnt have the "well you didnt tell me how to fix it so i wont listen to you" stand by?
C'mon. When one asks for criticism(and you are asking for it if you post anything here)expect all kinds of it and listen to it instead of complain or cry that its mean.
If someone told me "nothing original,nothing unique" ill look back on how I perform and see how they got that idea and how I can improve that.
He responded with "why does everything have to be unique" implying that he knows he's not.
I said "I didnt see street magic,I see only card tricks".That isnt a critique,it is fact.These were card tricks. None of the "street" magic genre effects were present here.
Also "telling what the audience what to do and what is happening is so overplayed" is what I said in my first post as well. This was not bashing or any of the like.Just stating that how this is how so many people perform these days.
And "all in all everything happened too fast" implies that he needs to slow down his effect,I shouldnt have to be redundant.

So, If I have spoken evil tell me what it was.But if not,why do you hit me?( I gotta stop watching passion of the christ)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Here guys, have some of these:

shamwow-snuggie-slanket.jpg

They're testicles. Every man is entitled to at least one.

God knows some of you need them. I'm siding with VisualArtist on this one. Even though I see where Keoke is coming from. Amidst his mound of silly pictures...

Grow a pair.

Gus

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
It was your delivery visual that I had a problem with, but now that I think about it even more I guess I am paula and you are simon. If anyone got the references you drop a bit in girl points and raise manly points. Anyway my big all caps was directed at you, but further down.
Click For Enlightenment

Yes I was talking directly to you and everyone who posted before. I finally see where you are coming from and agree for the most part. The differances is to small fir me to really care anymore.

Ps
Yeah if you watch passion of the christ to much, you may dawn a crown of thorns, build a big ol cross and drag it through mainstreet USA at disneyland.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results