Votes: 24 55.8%
  • PC

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2008
Depends ... id you are a gamer and the kinda stuff get a PC ..... but if you are just a formal dude, likes to edit videos, pics, design, etc. go for the mac i voted for the mac.

Sep 1, 2007
all u guys who say PC are such idiots. First of all video editing software. Are you kiding me?!?! wats the best and most proffesional computer editing software out there? Final Cut! and what does it run on?? MAcs! PC's are ****. And who games on a compuuter>? Dorks

Sep 1, 2007
Arguing about something like this is pointless. It all comes down to personal preference. Some people are more into the, for lack of a better word, "artsy" stuff while some people prefer the PC because they like gaming or they like the simplicity of using something they know how to use (most "standard" households tend to have PCs as family computers).

Stating as fact that one is better than the other or calling someone else an idiot for choosing to use one over the other is stupid and immature in my opinion.

all u guys who say PC are such idiots. First of all video editing software. Are you kiding me?!?! wats the best and most proffesional computer editing software out there? Final Cut! and what does it run on?? MAcs! PC's are ****. And who games on a compuuter>? Dorks

I could say so much in response to this post but I think one word sums it up perfectly:

/facepalm.

Sep 1, 2007
+1 to everything orchestrion said.
I know it starts out all in fun, but threads like this always tend to bring out the fanatics who start name calling and putting down the other people who don't share their views. At the end of the day, use what you want and leave it at that (for the record, I happen to use both, and enjoy both for different reasons).

So, I'm going with option #3, pointless thread. :)

This ends my non-discriminatory post for the day.

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
definitely MAC , mac is way more powerful for almost everything maybe not for coding like Java C++ and stuff like that but i dont think anybody needs a PC ,Mac is the BEST

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA

Before you start calling people idiots you might want to learn how to spell. But you're right for video and music editing you can't really beat the programs that Macs have; although, you can get a comparable PC for a couple hundred bucks cheaper!

Cheers!

May 5, 2008
Well as a linux user I guess I am an unbiased person. I just want to point out the the debate between pc and mac is not proper. Fact is, pc is just short for "personal computer". The question should be Microsoft windows or Macintosh osx. In which case they both have their ups and downs. Similar to (oh i dont know) magic sites (Theory11 or E), playing cards (wynns or jerrys), performers (criss angel or david blaine), WHATEVER. It doesn't matter, everyone has opinions and uses and purposes different than others. To ask such a question as a simple curiosity of market-share is no big deal. Its when the opinions differ and people can't handle others not agreeing with them, thats when problems occur. Fact is, they BOTH have good parts and bad parts to them, in my personal opinion they are BOTH too expensive (linux is free). But those are just my opinions. Neither is best or worst (but vistas does suck major ha ha ha). They are both flawed and yet both hold a purpose. Just because that purpose doesn't apply to you, doesn't make in less valuable. Windows has problems, and yes even the trendy eye candy osx has serious issues. So stop fightn' :)

###lazydog

Jan 11, 2008
france
Well as a linux user I guess I am an unbiased person. I just want to point out the the debate between pc and mac is not proper. Fact is, pc is just short for "personal computer". The question should be Microsoft windows or Macintosh osx. In which case they both have their ups and downs. Similar to (oh i dont know) magic sites (Theory11 or E), playing cards (wynns or jerrys), performers (criss angel or david blaine), WHATEVER. It doesn't matter, everyone has opinions and uses and purposes different than others. To ask such a question as a simple curiosity of market-share is no big deal. Its when the opinions differ and people can't handle others not agreeing with them, thats when problems occur. Fact is, they BOTH have good parts and bad parts to them, in my personal opinion they are BOTH too expensive (linux is free). But those are just my opinions. Neither is best or worst (but vistas does suck major ha ha ha). They are both flawed and yet both hold a purpose. Just because that purpose doesn't apply to you, doesn't make in less valuable. Windows has problems, and yes even the trendy eye candy osx has serious issues. So stop fightn' :)

###lazydog

couldnt agree with you more. (especially with the vista part:D)

at the end of the day its a matter of personal preference.

however though I feel the majority of the younger generation might use macs because they are trendier, they are "cool", all the advertising on how PC is a nerd and mac is a cool laid back guy has affected theyre fragile little minds :p

just my opinion no offense meant to anyone

by the way lazydog RESPECT for using linux! cant go wrong with that;)

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com

###lazydog
I agree 100%. I code in multiple languages and i prefer coding on windows than OSX but I must say that Macs do appeal to me very much and i plan to get a Mac that runs Windows on it. Or just stay with my vista computer and "Upgrade" from Vista to XP :) LOL because to me XP is way better than Vista. At least on my laptop it is. It is constantly using half of my ram and just blah....But the GUI does look good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results