Magic series on youtube. Please give me feedback

May 8, 2011
I created a youtube channel recently and I would like to showcase a trick in every video. It would be nice if you guys could check it out. I post videos every weekend due to school. I'm from Vietnam btw :D

[video=youtube;Q7jlVSVKoPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jlVSVKoPo[/video]
[video=youtube;LbYMla3YCfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbYMla3YCfw[/video]
[video=youtube;ghYNFAHvF1o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghYNFAHvF1o[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/user/elpapihaiduy2011 - My Channel link

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2011
The District
"Magic series on youtube. Please give me feedback"

You asked for it...

1. The reason I don't watch foreign films (except for a few special classics in black & white) is because I can't read subtitles and watch the action at the same time. My take-away was that you moved a bunch of cards around. /shrug
2. Pacing was a little fast, particularly due to reading what was going on and splitting my attention between words & cards.
c. White-faced cards on a white background blend right out. Advice: find a colored mat or cloth.
IV. Generic disembodied hands moving cards around. (Top-down camera angle facilitates that.)
5. No personality in this video. Who are you? Why should we watch your channel and not just search for <insert any famous magician's name>'s legendary magic on YouTube? I can watch Bill Malone's DVDs over and over because he makes me laugh, and even when I know the joke, the audience's reactions make me enjoy the trick even more.
6. Dubstep-scratchy-electronic-beats at the end after a quiet piano music piece is jarring. I clicked "Pause" immediately after it started! >:-/

Good luck with your project though!

May 8, 2011
"Magic series on youtube. Please give me feedback"

You asked for it...

1. The reason I don't watch foreign films (except for a few special classics in black & white) is because I can't read subtitles and watch the action at the same time. My take-away was that you moved a bunch of cards around. /shrug
2. Pacing was a little fast, particularly due to reading what was going on and splitting my attention between words & cards.
c. White-faced cards on a white background blend right out. Advice: find a colored mat or cloth.
IV. Generic disembodied hands moving cards around. (Top-down camera angle facilitates that.)
5. No personality in this video. Who are you? Why should we watch your channel and not just search for <insert any famous magician's name>'s legendary magic on YouTube? I can watch Bill Malone's DVDs over and over because he makes me laugh, and even when I know the joke, the audience's reactions make me enjoy the trick even more.
6. Dubstep-scratchy-electronic-beats at the end after a quiet piano music piece is jarring. I clicked "Pause" immediately after it started! >:-/

Good luck with your project though!

Thanks, I am just trying stuff out for right now...

Sep 1, 2007
I do palmistry. I already stare at people's hands enough as it is. Show your face, show some personality, show us you performing in front of real people.

Jan 1, 2013
go out and film some street magic. It will be terrifying at first but before long it will be easy. Approach someone and politely explain that you are filming some magic and ask if they would like to see something. It gets easier the more you do, plus you could only show the good takes.

I think overall the performance was good. You handled the cards well, your may have not that much life in the way you were talking but its hard talking to a camera. As for people saying try street magic, I would like to see a video of you doing street magic before telling someone else to do it. I have only done it a handful of time and every time it has been hard! Clearly he isn't very old, most likely has only been in magic for a few months to a year maybe 1.5 but that's very early to start trying street magic. Keep up the work man, keep the videos coming and the skill and the views will come too.

Apr 20, 2013
This is just my own opinion toward your performances.

Basically, I agree to some comments before me that we do not see any persona, any characteristics that makes you stand out. I understand that this are just some kind of try out vids, but it would be better if you develop a characteristics for your performance and try to perform live on street, it would be better and yet it would increase your performances.

The other thing is that I see several "unnatural" moves.
The reason I don't occasionally uses Faro Shuffle or any other fancy shuffles, or doing flourishes in the middle of a trick ( but I do them if I'm not doing a trick ) is that some spectator would see those movements as "suspicious act" and would even turn them from a spectator into a hackler.

The 1st video and the last video has these moves.
I would humbly suggest you to kind of remove the moves and try to be as natural as you can be.
A good magician did not draw a line to differ you from the spectator. A good magician is just as human as the spectator, the miracle happens because of both the spectator and the magician.

-LYE
I would suggest

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results