Making a Trick

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Well, I will work on a telportation of cards, not just a transposition though. I made a trick like long division by Kevin Ho but the cards combine in their hands instead of in the deck. I want to hear what other people have thought of in magic. We can take ideas from different tricks and use them to make new tricks

Aug 4, 2008
keller texas
Hello to all reading this thread. Lately I have been thinking of new crazy tricks, mostly cards, and I thought "why not bring fellow magicians into the creation?"
So here is what this thread is about: I think that with all our creative minds here we could think up of a good trick. The trick can be with anything you want. We can post what it can be with, if it uses gimmicks, and how it is done on this thread. It can be a fun experiment for the magic community. SO, lets start thinking.

p.s. If this is breaking any forum rules, then you can close this thread.

good idea dude but how would we show them?

May 3, 2008
Heres an idea. A card is selected, signed and lost in the deck. You then tell the spectator to hold out their hands. Then their signed card falls from the sky and into their hands.

That certainly can be done; not sure if it could actually work, but it probably could. Inspiration came from the card to mouth from the trilogy.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Just so you people know, Sean and I have thought of a way to do the trick that was thought of earlier, where it falls from the sky. Just shows how quickly you can come up with an idea with some devotion and good creativity.
Sean hasn't given me permission to show how this is done so this possible gem will be secret until we are ready to explain it. I will try it out and see how are method works.

Sep 7, 2008
The Moon
Done it.

Okay guys here is a starting idea I have been thinking of, a deck melt through table. Basically you can make it like compression except the cards fall through the table instead of disappearing. Any thoughts on it?

I made a trick where the whole deck goes through the table except there card. but it is gimmickless.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Wow, that is exactly what I wanted to make. You must be super magical because you can read my thoughts before I think of them.
How visual is your trick?

Sep 7, 2008
The Moon
Visual kinda

Wow, that is exactly what I wanted to make. You must be super magical because you can read my thoughts before I think of them.
How visual is your trick?

Its visual to a degree. More Auditory though. Hands empty you push on the cards and other hand pulls out the cards from under the table.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That would be amazing, but seriously, people, magic is made off of originality so I want to see how original people can be in any magic. These ideas can be great if people put there mind and time into them and anyone can think of an original idea. For example: Angle zero is a very original idea and method to the trick.

The concept of Angle Zero, if I remember correctly, wasn't original...

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Heres an idea. A card is selected, signed and lost in the deck. You then tell the spectator to hold out their hands. Then their signed card falls from the sky and into their hands.

This reminds me of one of the oldest effects I 'created'- I had a spectator sign a coin both sides. I then had the spec' hold a bunch of change and I toss the signed coin into the mess of metal. she shakes the coins up in her hands, effectively 'shuffling' her coin into the pile. She opens her hands, and I show mine unmistakably empty. I wave my hands over hers and with an audible clink of the coins shifting, her coin appears on top of the pile.
Anyone with even a basic knowledge of coins should know what I'm talking about here- the old 'noggin' vanish and coin from sky reproduction... It was the presentational hooks I added which made this cool... I may re work this idea actually...

Now, the deck through table, I guess we could use the Martin Gardner flourish (Ilearned from Mathieu Bich's DVD) to give the illusion of the deck very cleanly and very slowly, incrementally, falling through the table... Hmm.. .food for thought!

CL

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Excellent idea of using Fallen- probably better than the original application of the ambitious riser. Angle-wise at least.

For anybody interested in the Gardner flourish, I couldn't say where it was originally published (like I say I learned it from the Bich DVD), but it's a very simple, very cool ooking flourish which gives the illusion of the deck expanding and returning to regular size. Nice!

Oh, and my point of recounting that coin effect was to give an allusion as to how we could easily work that 'card from the sky' effect...

CL

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Sean and I have made a way to do the trick, but it is not very easy. I have tested this trick out and it does work okay at the right time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results