Mint box vs vision box?

Dec 1, 2012
TX
www.youtube.com
Similar? How? In effect? Sure. In method? No.

João Miranda's box is totally examinable - Mint box is not.

Mint Box is also very sensitive and can 'flash' if not handled correctly.

Of course you will need to know how to execute a mercury card fold for all of these effects.

If you get QUIVER from Kelvin Chow (which is only $40) you can do the exact same effect.

Most magicians I have heard from still prefer Toibox by Jonathan Kamm (only $20)

Good luck

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
If you've practiced the routine enough and you are performing the effect right, there is never any heat on the mint box itself after the fact. And the advantage with Mint Box over others that even further proves that it doesn't need to be examined is that they open the box themselves and see a card inside, you dump it out into their hands and the box is completely empty. It looks exactly like an Altoids Smalls tin, because it is a real Altoids Smalls tin. It doesn't need any further justification on the performer's side. It's just a tin. Treat it as such and no one will question you. Of course if you purposefully try and emphasize that it's "just an ordinary tin" people will grow to be suspicious. Why are you saying that? They can see for themselves it's just a mint tin. Don't run when you're not being chased.

It's easy to "flash" Mint Box if you haven't used it for more than 10 minutes. It's an incredibly easy gimmick to use, and I can guarantee you that you won't flash - it's pretty much impossible to flash the gimmick itself if you've actually practiced the routine.

In regards to that card sleight, the hard work of it is already done for you. You don't need to do it from scratch perfectly like a lot of other devices require.

In comparison to Quiver, Quiver is a nice utility. But I've never seen anyone carry anything that looks like that. It's not a familiar object. It just doesn't make sense for me to carry around something that looks like that when I could carry a mint tin that people see every day at grocery and convenience stores.

The price is $60 because Daniel Garcia makes these gimmicks by hand. It's an incredibly long process to make one gimmick, and you're getting an insanely high quality gimmick handmade by the creator himself. Treated right, the gimmick will last you a LONG time, and if you're going to use this in your strolling/busking repertoire, or even in your shows, it will pay for itself rather quickly.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
The price is $60 because Daniel Garcia makes these gimmicks by hand. It's an incredibly long process to make one gimmick, and you're getting an insanely high quality gimmick handmade by the creator himself.

You mean handmade by Daniel Garcia and his Family.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results