NEW 1-on-1 Release : The VCR Change with Apollo Robbins

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Not a fan of this one. Looks ok(Not great, ok) for the camera, but theres no way this would hold up in real life.

Although you are of course entitled to your opinion, I would withhold judgment on deceptiveness of method until you are sure the method you "think" is in fact correct. Not only does it hold up in real life, but it's fooled more than a few of the hardest minds to fool in this industry. This week. In real life. Here in Las Vegas. It looks just as unbelievable in real life in Apollo's hands as it does in the video.

Regarding how it looks in general - my personal opinion would agree with the majority here in that it looks pretty damn CRAZY. The card apparently never leaves sight, yet the change is undetectable.

For me, the vid is complemented by just hearing Apollo speak on the nuances that he has put into this to make it SO deceptive. Apollo is an expert on movement, timing, and motivation thereof - which is why this looks as smooth as it does.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
seems more like something id use as a switch more than a color change :p

ABSOLUTELY! Bingo - nail on the head. Towards the end of the video, Apollo does discuss this, and emphasizes that this can be done with objects other than playing cards - think credit cards, driver's licenses, etc.

I have to admit I'm very agitated right now with you JB! Without mentioning any of Apollos previous work on a DVD and I'm sure you know in which one I speak of it's a 2 DVD set it's a jewel in magic and deserves a egghunt to find it if you really want it Apollos been a big influence in my performances magic and presentation. You opened pandoras box here for the community! Im jealous.:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results