New Effect "Pen-e-trate"

Jul 13, 2009
You should know by now that there are very, very few effects out there that have a reason. The reason for the trick is to entertain, do the impossible... putting a pen in a water bottle like that is pretty impossible.

I disagree with you specifically the statement that few effects have justification. If anyone lives by this I can make the presumption that you're lazy.

Entertain hmm do the impossible? Putting a pen in a bottle without presentation is just that, just differently. It looses its impossibility because it comes off as a puzzle.

Now back to my first question, does it have to be a pen or could it be a pencil, exacto knife?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I disagree with you specifically the statement that few effects have justification. If anyone lives by this I can make the presumption that you're lazy.

Entertain hmm do the impossible? Putting a pen in a bottle without presentation is just that, just differently. It looses its impossibility because it comes off as a puzzle.

I didn't say that's how you should present it, I just said that most effects don't have a good reason as to why. You can always make it seem as if it has a justification with a good presentation.

Oct 9, 2008

Now back to my first question, does it have to be a pen or could it be a pencil, exacto knife?

No it deos not have to be a pen, you can use other objects.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
No, what I meant by a reason is that this trick would never flow in a routine. It seems to be a GREAT stand alone effect. But that's what it is...it's a stand alone effect.

it seems to me very "bottle, pen, bam, pen in bottle" No build or anything

An ambitous card routine has a build, for some reason the card keeps popping up, and you make it more and more fair each time. My card routine flows one trick into the other, this just seems very...one effect by itself...but that being said it looks amazing, i don't want to take that away form you!

Jan 19, 2008
I agree with man effects dont have a reason, and there always doesnt have to be. Sometimes you think you have a good reason but really, its not. There is no reason what so ever to put a pen in a bottle. If you come up with a reason you are trying to hard and it will show. It is just a cool little thing to do (i never saw the demo so dont know what its like).

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
No, what I meant by a reason is that this trick would never flow in a routine. It seems to be a GREAT stand alone effect. But that's what it is...it's a stand alone effect.

it seems to me very "bottle, pen, bam, pen in bottle" No build or anything

You as the performer have to build up the suspense in any effect.
It being a single effect or routine.
And yes,this isnt for a routine. Then again,when performing freelance at walk around type places I rather do single effects and leave. No routines.
Makes it much more powerful for the spectator in my mind.
The old magician image is shaken from their mind and only allows them to think about what happened to them.

Aug 4, 2009
you could use pseudo-scientific patter.. the way the molecules line up allows objects to seemingly pass through each other.. incorporate it with card-through- window effects as well..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results