New flourishes!

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Man I'm gonna be honest.. I dont know if you speed up some moves, or the camera has bad fps..
I think that you are TOO stiff, you look like a robot, no offense, I mean relax your arms so the moves can look much smoother, I also think that you put the camera too close of the cards in some shots, and the cuts didnt look good, there are moves that look cool closer to the camera but the ones you did, not :(.. and I didnt understand that mindfreak look before the credits..
And last but definitely not least, man there's a shot where you are doing the flourishes and there are some dirty socks there xD I mean these things doesnt make you look good, if you wanna make the vid in your room at least clean the sections where you are shooting..

P.S. I saw that you credit decknique so I think that you are there too, I posted a thread a while ago about what is the purpose of making your vid? I mean do you do it to get a 5/5 or what? check that out, I think it'll help you.. And why naming the thread new flourishes, when you are saying that there are not xD

May 18, 2008
Wow... Harsh man!

Yeah... I understand. I was doing it, as I said, as kinda a tracking device to see how far I have come with my flourishes. They are better than the last video, and the last. I figure if they get progressivly better, then it helps.

Oh, and I shall fix the dirty socks thing.

Thank you for the feedback.

May 18, 2008
man i'm gonna be honest.. I dont know if you speed up some moves, or the camera has bad fps..

the camera had bad fps... The only one i had though.

i think that you are too stiff, you look like a robot, no offense, i mean relax your arms so the moves can look much smoother, i also think that you put the camera too close of the cards in some shots, and the cuts didnt look good, there are moves that look cool closer to the camera but the ones you did, not :(.. And i didnt understand that mindfreak look before the credits..

yeah, it wasn't a mindfreak look; it was something i saw in one of zachmonky's videos and i liked the pose, so i used it. Oh, and i am continuously getting more smooth at them. In another 3 months there will be another video you can watch.

and last but definitely not least, man there's a shot where you are doing the flourishes and there are some dirty socks there xd i mean these things doesnt make you look good, if you wanna make the vid in your room at least clean the sections where you are shooting..

yeah... I tried to cover that up. Didn't work to well. To tell you the truth, i didn't know they were there. My room is normally really clean... That was stupid of me.

p.s. I saw that you credit decknique so i think that you are there too, i posted a thread a while ago about what is the purpose of making your vid? I mean do you do it to get a 5/5 or what? Check that out, i think it'll help you.. And why naming the thread new flourishes, when you are saying that there are not xd

word count.

May 18, 2008
I didn't think the flourishing was THAT bad... As I said, I post these about every three months to get feedback on what I am doing right or wrong.

I want feedback, not "Your video sucks".

I can't get better if that is all you post.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I wasnt trying to be harsh.. I just think that you wanted opinions, and you wanted constructive criticism, just to help you for your next vid..

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
aris he was probably referring to my post.

but anyway, im sorry to be that harsh but thats all that came to mind when i saw the video. even if its a webcam video, it can still be awesome. check out darens old videos and compare them to that video. stark contrast my friend. hope to see a better video in the future

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I think it was to my post because his post is under my post, and I posted before you.. Lets stop discussing who was the harsh thing to xD

May 18, 2008
I'm re-editing it and refilming some of it now. I will post a better version in a few hours if everything goes well. I am focusing more on fluidity, smoothness, backrounds, body movement and editing.

So... Keep commenting till' it's posted!

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Sorry... but I didn't like it either.

Please, don't post a better version in a few hours. Sorry, but wait a few months! I know you're probably itching to get a good video out there, something I really understand, but you will appreciate what we're saying in a couple of months when you do release that good video.

Some of the video was sped up. Well, if not, then your flourishes are too clunky, and... robotic.

I'd go into more detail, but I'm in a bit of a rush.

Don't think we're being harsh, everything's about constructive criticism. It's a good thing :)

-Sam H

Sep 20, 2008
personally, i'd remove the video.

"omg, you're so harsh."

This is an online internet forum. That comment is nowhere near harsh. Wait till you get cheated on by your wife, or you get framed and lose your job. now that's ****ing harsh

Sin's note: none of the above has happened to me yet, thank **** for that.

The moral is, take in whatever they said, and work on them. These are people that spent time viewing your video, and critically analysing your mistakes, and what can be improved on. They will probably never meet you- So be thankful that they're wasting something that cannot be taken back. Yeah, That's called TIME.

"But oh my god man, that was so harsh, i wanted feedback not 'Your video sucks!' "

Well frankly, it does suck. Those were just some D+M flourishes which i cant do (because i dont own any of D+M's Dvd's and dislike ripping it by slowing down videos) i didnt find the video intresting at all.

There was a part of me that kept waiting for the 'stunner'. Maybe a display. a fan of some sort. Hell even a well executed carnahan fan wouldve delighted me.

You rushed it. get a better camera, get smoother on your flourishes, then post.

-Sin07

May 18, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp_tOgHxIrg&feature=channel_page

That is the updated version; some of the things are the same but I redid a lot and focused more on backround and setting. Please watch this one; and please give me feedback on the individual moves!

And I know it is probbably unwise to repost it, but I had time and felt like refilming it. I didn't speed up any of it; I tried to be more smooth and have bigger motions in this one as well. Thanks!

Oh, and I synced it with the music.

Sep 20, 2008
=/ i dont think you understand.

I started learning Pandora about March last year. i can do Pandora fully now, but its very choppy, and it doesnt look anywhere near as the bucks/Lapping's. I still practice that flourish to date, including some other stuff.

You need to sit back, grab a deck, and practice your flourishes onto one successful routine. Flourish to flourish without cuts and nervous squaring.

The one thing that dissapoints me the most is the pirouette. Needs work. That aerial Flourish seems a bit sloppy too. You're catching the aerial deck SIDEWAYS.

bah, i feel like im wasting my time. Sit back, grab a deck, practice. once you feel that you can do better than your last video, then film again. and this whole process doesnt happen within bloody minutes. it takes flippin' ages.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
About the new vid: It was better than your last vid, but man you need to practice more more and more... The background improved if we compare it to the other vid, its nice that you are trying to improve, the mindfreak look is still there xD... And by saying that you didnt speed up this time, means that you did on the other vid?

You have to relax more relax, watch dan and dave or kevin ho or daren, the moves are smooth and relaxed, they dont look robotic, that comes with practice and practice, dont try to make a vid every month to show US that you have improved, maybe record yourself and then show it to yourself that you have improved, after you have practiced like a year record yourself and watched that you have improved...

I dont wanna be harsh, because we all did the same mistakes at some point, just practice more and practice, when you have a flourish down, that its smooth you will feel it, that it flows that you are doing it nice..

P.S. In one of the shots you made the same mistake that zachmonkey in his last vid, at least I dont like it, that the camera is too far and you can see more your living room than your cards,w which is the point.. Watch lots of vids that are smooth and fluid and then you'll know what we are talking about..

Jan 27, 2008
Hey dude, no need to lash out at others criticism... anyways you remind me of myself when I started :)... don't worry, we were all 'there' once, ask anyone, ask andrei, he'll tell you... none of us start off doing amazing things.
just don't post any video's for a while... practice for a year, get advice off the community on originality and creativity and then post another vid, see where it went. oh didn't finish my point, we were all 'there' once and we will all be 'there' in a totally different defenition in the future... just practice, practice hard, think outside the cube, and do that every day for the rest of your life an you'll go somewhere.

-sean

Sep 22, 2007
I didn't think the flourishing was THAT bad... As I said, I post these about every three months to get feedback on what I am doing right or wrong.

I want feedback, not "Your video sucks".

I can't get better if that is all you post.

He gave his feedback. You just interpreted it as such ;)

Plus! Who gets better by good comments? o_o

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results