New release tonight...

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Five minutes left! Super excited to bring these back to life. Yes, they are limited edition. Yes, they are awesome. No, they are not the same as the first edition. The new decks were printed with perfect stock, feel, and finish, and they have been battle tested in the hands of Patrick Kun, Dan White, and Andrei Jikh.

J

Joseph C

$12.57 UPS/$15.45 Standard for a brick to be shipped one state over from the warehouse. Pass.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Why must everything be limited! It's not practical for those who want to use a deck to perform with. Grrrrrr :p Is there a reason they're limited?

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
To be honest...I don´t like them...they are pretty ugly to me...they look like little books...and I don´t like cards that advertise themselves (the name of the deck everywhere) like the david blaine cards or Dan and dave....

I am gonna have to pass...

Jun 3, 2011
If memory serves correct, I believe these Jqck cards were designed by the same team that did the Sentinel deck for T11. I can't remember where I found that out, but I'm assuming that's how they got connected. The face cards on the Jqck cards are very classy. The basic style is similar to the Sentinels in my opinion. I love that look. However, I'm kinda broke... So... Yeah. :( It's cool though.

It's definitely the same team, the design firm Hatch, in San Francisco. In fact, Hatch and JAQK share the same building as their HQs in SF... I know this, as I was fortunate enough to visit them yesterday for a wine tasting and to bask in their creative glory.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I don´t like cards that advertise themselves (the name of the deck everywhere)

They're definitely not for everyone, but keep in mind that this deck was originally designed and produced in 2008 by a winery in Napa Valley. It was never intended for mainstream adoption, so of course they have their name on it (like the Wynn Decks in 2007). Nevertheless, it features the most elegant design I have seen on playing card faces. The box is super elegant, with the metallic ink and subtle emboss. They feel delicious.

Oct 9, 2010
IMO they look ugly, I'm sure they handle beautifully though. Hmm, I don't know, might pick some up.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
They're definitely not for everyone, but keep in mind that this deck was originally designed and produced in 2008 by a winery in Napa Valley. It was never intended for mainstream adoption, so of course they have their name on it (like the Wynn Decks in 2007). Nevertheless, it features the most elegant design I have seen on playing card faces. The box is super elegant, with the metallic ink and subtle emboss. They feel delicious.

I agree with that...I should have clarified that I don´t like the name of the deck in the backs of the cards (jaqk).I just don´t like it...I rather them to be more impersonal...Wynn Decks?...I don´t like them too..for the same reason....

Anyway...I cannot criticize the feel...since I don´t have them...nice weekend!!

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
Some branded cards I don't mind, in fact I like the look of SMs and Wynns, because the 2 D's are worked well into the design and the Wynn logo is simple and looks nice to me. But in this case there Im not a big fan. If I didnt say JAQK cellars and had the "enjoy and good luck" I would like them alot more.

EDIT:

18 decks is 9.00 shipping

Thats because 18 decks is worht over $75

I love that the backs were modified to a two-way. What is a huge downside for me (same with the original Jaqk decks) is the drab back-design color. The metallic greenish/blue ink looks AWFUL in contrast with the white stock.

The faces are beautiful, but dear god are the backs horrid with that color. I'll pass on buying these from T11. I'd rather buy them wholesale and even if they're not available through wholesale, I just won't own these. Shipping is insane. I don't see what is so complicated about shipping USPS 2-5 day like everyone else that ships things. Not to mention that from my experience, the handling times on here are at least a week, and sometimes a few weeks.

I love that the deck was revamped and rehashed, but these are just a few of the downfalls for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results