Phenomenon!

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I was highly let down by the performances. Except for Eran Raven's. I really liked his.
The rest were just... Bleghh.... However, friends and family of mine were all just blown away, and I couldn't understand why, until I realized that magicians look at it from a completely different point of view.

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
Something i dont lke about this show is CRISS ANGEL! O_O!

he is now trying to "debunk" all the "fake" guys just to (at the end) tell everyone that he is the real and only deal...

i dont undertand him...

Sep 2, 2007
My breakdown of the show:

1st performer - Decent performence. Seemed a little forced, but that's probably just nerves. Gotta keep in mind, most of these guys are not hardened pros. I'll look foward to seeing him calm down a bit.

2nd performer - Karol is cool and has a lot of stage presence, but he lost control of his volunteer. (A little bit of panic to lighten the mood is one thing, but that guy was FREAKING out) Not to mention that his set didn't really make sense. Bear trap snapping on my hand=Your celebrity is Jeff Goldblum? I've heard a lot about Karol and I hope he'll prove his reputation worthy in the future.

3rd performer - Russian Roulette always makes for good tv. Nice, solid performence

4th performer - Major "ehhh" moment. I mean, a book test? Really? Don't get me wrong, it was a well-done book test, and I know lays will be baffled, but it could have been SOOOO much better. The effect was there, but there was no presentation. He looked like he was ordering lunch or something. I half-expected Criss to say "Would you like fries with your mental feat?" afterwards.

Uri's "Challenge" - I LOLed

One of the most surpising aspects of the show was that I agreed with Criss on every count. I thought he was 100% spot-on throughout the entire show. Harsh, perhaps, but absolutely necessary, especilly with Uri "You blew my mind" Geller next to him giving absolutely NOTHING constructive. I have a feeling Uri's reluctence to admit in trickery is going to translate into just lots of really rediculously ambiguous comments.

The show was good, but not exceptional like I was expecting. Perhaps it was the medium? One wonders what the same show would have been like live, rather than on TV. My biggest complaint is the way the show is being promoted. They throw a paranormal theme at you then never really define what these people's skills are meant to be. The average audience member might not be sure if it's trickery or legitimate paranormal activity. They need to be more clear that this is a MAGIC-based show, and nothing more. However, I'm holding judgment for now. After all, this was the premiere episode and I'm sure the performers (and producers) well settle into a groove eventually, not to mention we haven't even seen half of them yet. I fully expect the show to pick up speed and excitement down the line.

Next week ought to be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Pretty decent for the first show. Nothing really mind blowing, but decent. Performance 2 was my least favorite, and performance 3 was my favorite. Uri was being a little too fake for me though, according to him everything that happened was supernatural and mind blowing.

Also, maybe it was just me or did the last performer actually end up saying the full phone number when he shouldn't have. I swaer I heard him say the last number atleast.

I think next Wednesday, we should all meet up at my place, have a pajama party, and watch Phenomenon! :D

Actually, I wasn't very impressed with any of the perofrmances except the Russian Roulette routine. The PK Touches routine was alright. The book test at the end was.........eh.

I'm pulling for Eran. Beesnotches.

Sep 1, 2007
California
It is on now in my playing area and... Uri is so annowing!!!

no disrespect but when he comments he is just so annoying, to me atleast.

I can see why laymen would like the show but we don't, guess why??

we are MAGICIANS:D

also this show is ok none the less..

I like "Life" better, much better.:D

Sep 1, 2007
It is on now in my playing area and... Uri is so annowing!!!

no disrespect but when he comments he is just so annoying, to me atleast.

I can see why laymen would like the show but we don't, guess why??

we are MAGICIANS:D

also this show is ok none the less..

I like "Life" better, much better.:D

I love life! I watch every show.

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Phenomenom: The After Math

Well, I found the show to be rather generic. It was stuff I had seen before. and the bit with the nail guns.... Derren Brown did the same thing a whole lot better. Derren used a live .38 Magnum and had the assistant count out once. That act pissed me off for this reason. Look up Derren Brown's Russian Roulette.

The fox trap guy was a little intense and kept me watching, but I didn't understand the premise for the celeb's name suddenly coming to him.

And the phone number bit was planned out. There was no way for the spectators to see what page they were really looking at in the phone book. I would have believed it more if proof of page and column was provided.

The first guy was kinda boring. Oooooo I feel a tingle on my nose.

What do you folks think?

Oct 21, 2007
I thought todays show was very boring. The only thing I liked that showed suspense was that guy with those nailguns. I think I might of missed the very beginning, but I didn't see one illusion throughout that whole thing. is it mainly stunts and mentalism? it just seems like it is.

The guy that did that metalist thing with the phonebooks was just bad, his presentation was bad I thought, very boring. I hope there will be people doing illusions next week or something. The wolf trap routine sucked, You could tell he was in pain from the way his hand was after his showing. I just didn't see anything that made me go WOW!. :(

Sep 2, 2007
I was busy then, is there someplace that I can watch it?
Full episodes of Phenomenon, such as the premiere episode, will be available "soon," probably tomorrow, at nbc.com.

I can't wait to see the next five performers in the succeeding eposide. Hopefully, they will learn from the mistakes of their predecessors.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
sorry guys but i thought the show was garbage. The guys that participated I'm sure are talented but it was just boring to watch... any thoughts?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results