Phenomenon!

I was extremely disappointed, i mean a show of that caliber, and their up there doing pk touches and Russian roulettes.... I expected new things invented by the performers and outstanding presentation, maybe i just set my standards too high up.... :(

I don't think you set your standards high, they set theirs too low. Im not much of a mentalist(cards are my thing) I agree I haven't seen much mentalism but derren brown and david blaine etc... but this was just weak.
Michael

Sep 1, 2007
California
sweet, over here on the west cost we have yet to see it, glad to know that instead of watching it I can just practice:D

since I have yet to see it, we are mgicians so we know the in and out of most tricks or performances so to the crowd or aduince they mightbe amazed, but like I said I have yet to see it sooooo..

anyway if you wan't to watch a good show than watch "Life"

it is on at 10:00

is ROCKS!!!

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I thought it was alright... Pretty cool to see Criss just sittin' back enjoying the show instead of performing. The internet poll was a close shave- almost flopped. Most of the performances were just average. With exceptions to the nail gun roulette- that one had me saying, "Wow. That was pretty intense." Who knows maybe it'll be better next week. I'm looking forward to see "the lone girl in red..."

-Matt

Oct 23, 2007
i was more upset with what criss was saying a it got under my skill when the host kept calling him master.but i give he show 5/10:confused::confused::confused:

Sep 1, 2007
I have not seen it yet, it airs here in 4 hours, but from the sound of it. I could of made stuff up as I went along and I would have done better lol. Did all they do is effects that other people created? they did none of there own stuff?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Heh, I definatly choose the circle. I'm not sure about all of you.

I actually thought that all of the judging was quite fair, and I must admit that I enjoyed Eran Raven the best. I don't know...maybe that feeling of danger gets me off.

Shane K.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Heh, I definatly choose the circle. I'm not sure about all of you.

Ha ha. Me too. I couldn't help myself, I was looking for all the subtlties leaning toward a particular shape. The background of the graphing displaying the shapes glowed stronger in the middle- the circle...

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I actually picked the star.

I just wanted to say that I'm a little upset with the way the show went. The magic wasn't very good. The showmanship wasn't good. The only thing that was good was that hot girl. I was just expecting a lot more than what they put out.

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
I Google searched "NBC Phenomenon" to vote.... Anyone notice the HUGE link titled "Learn Phenomenon Secrets?" Of course I knew that E was in on this show because they had a casting call thread on the forums.... If this show takes off, E will be overrun.

To avoid hypocrisy let me first say I will watch this show again. No matter what problems I have with the show, watching others perform is plain fun and I look forward to next week.

Now, my thoughts. I, like many of you, was expecting more. I was looking for Luke Jeremy type effects... Not book tests and wolf traps...

Criss Angel began to get on my nerves... this guy is being called a "Master Of The Mind" but i'de love to see a Mindfreak epsiode without his team that create most all of what he does... Then every chance he gets he interjects why HE'S better... "Well, I did the ULTIMATE russian roulette" and "I've filmed over 900 effects for my show..." It just bothered me. This isn't Mindfreak, despite the intro to the show being the same dessert (Sp?) as Mindfreak... but it was like the attention was all on Criss... Then he spouts out "PK touches" when the dudes done? I bet google is being flooded right now...

Then you had the bullcrap "Interactive" effect from Uri, the American Idol judging (Criss is Simon, Uri Paula... hate to tell ya')...

But we must understand that this show isn't for MAGICIANS!!! Its laymen voting... and PK touches and Book tests rock when it comes to laymen... THATS what matters. They are performers like us and no matter what we, or I expected i'm sure they fooled the CRAP out of people at home and in the audience... that is our job... right?

Sharp

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results