Phenomenon!

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
Hey, I didn't read this whole topic, but was it just me or did any body notice when the guy did the mental phone number trick, when he read the number on the board:
X32 295X
he said:
blank 32 2951

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
Yeah, I think I definitely knew how he did that - that was my least favorite of them.

The roulette one was intense :p

Sep 2, 2007
I noticed the slip up as well XD so someone is going to know if it's thier number or not :p

Yeah, I think I definitely knew how he did that - that was my least favorite of them.

The roulette one was intense :p

The roulette one was intense. My favourite by far. I forget 2 of their names but, these are my favourite performances in order from worst to first :).

4.Finger in Bear Trap with Celebrity name prediction at the end.

I thought the whole concept was cool but, the execution of it was a bit weird. It was too intense for my liking and the prediction at the end had nothing to do with anything that was going on.

3.Phone Number Prediction.

I liked the fact he used members from the audience, since it gives it a more realistic effect, but it wasn't as thrilling as I have hoped. I wished somehow he made it a bit more impossible, because everyone knew he was going to reveal the audience members guessing the number at the end.

2.Pk Touch routine.

I only saw half of it, and I truly am not a master or know much about Pk Touch but, I thought it was pretty good. He used a more mystique factor than 3 and 4 and used Carmen Electra :). It was a good effect to start the competition on but, it isn't what will win him the contest. Overall though I liked watching it.

1.Nail Gun Roulette

Best of the night by far. There is no other way to describe it. Everything about it was thrilling, the whole aspect of a life/death situation is enthralling, and he also made it seem like a very real situation. I just wish the guy didnt look so angry all the time. But my favourite peformance I thought.

I can't wait until next Wednesday =], I think they won me over lol.

-RA69

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
After the who Uri Geller and James Randi debacle I lost a ton of respect for Geller... especially since he claims to be the real deal. Criss Angel... take it or leave it, the guy is a great performer. If he wasn't people wouldn't know who he was.

Now, I've never seen the show, cause I'm in Iraq and they don't play it on AFN, but if they're seriously looking for the real deal, when why not go win a million from any of the many institutions that give away prizes for proof rather than compete for 250,000?

Oct 25, 2007
Hasnt Criss made enough money thanks to his camera crew and editing team and "so called" spectators? Now he's getting even richer thanks to people doing ACTUAL magic/mentalism! I havent watched the show nor do i plan on it, but from what Ive been told, it would be better without Criss or Uri.

Oct 21, 2007
bleh, I think Criss is a fine judge. If it were me the other guy wouldn't be on there anymore. His judging was crap and he was way to nice. Does it bother me that Criss said stuff like "when I did that I used a pistol", no it doesn't bother me because his was actally better. I think Criss is looking for something to make him go "WOW! that was AWESOME!!", I don't blame him.

They should also have 3 judges, I don't understand why there are only 2 of them, it's just weird.

When you do shows like these, you need (as Simon would say) the WOW factor. You need something thats great. Even the nailgun routine was good, but it wasn't GREAT. I believe it didn't have the WOW factor either. None of them had the WOW or great to it.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I think in that last episode Criss Angel proved that he was not a magician by being a heckler.

Huruey

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I find it ironic that the night before this show was on, on his own show he did a seance, and "communicated with the dead" and made little or no mention that it was fake.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Knowing enough about both of these guys, personally...
There may have been some underlying bad blood there from previous encounters, and this was the only way Criss could have "won".

I'm not saying what he did was right. But you never know the whole situation, and Criss could have taken a "classier" route.

Katie Egleston

It would have been great if Jim Calahan (the "Metal rectangle four wheels" guy) had known about Criss Angel's envelopes before hand and had time and the opportunity to take a peak at them. [If you squirt a little liquid Freon on a sealed envelope the envelope becomes clear and the contents readable plus it dries quickly and leaves no trace that it was used and the envelope is still sealed.]

Could you imagine the look on Angel's face if on live TV Jim Calahan had guessed the contents of both envelopes?! :D

By the way I do know what was in one of the envelopes anyway. It said "I Criss Angel am so successful and have so much money that I can make $1 million bets on live TV with my own cash to discredit performers that I do not like."

NBC has clips of Criss, Uri and Jim after the on air fight that are interesting to watch if you care about this stuff. Jim was able to really slam Criss hard in his clip.

Knowing enough about both of these guys, personally...
There may have been some underlying bad blood there from previous encounters, and this was the only way Criss could have "won".

I'm not saying what he did was right. But you never know the whole situation, and Criss could have taken a "classier" route.

Katie Egleston

Hi Katie,
If you know these guys personally maybe you can help me out here. Which one of them (Criss Angel or Jim Calahan) would win in a fist fight? And which would win in a chess match? And who would do better on Top Chef?

Oct 21, 2007
It's Television, this was great for the show. People are NOT going to miss next week because now they want to see what will happen. Geller is absolutely right, what happened between Criss and Jim was GREAT for television, it creates suspense since people want to know what will happen next week.

I wont sit here on the forums and try to make myself sound like a completely respectful person, some people are and some are not. I myself fit in the middle, I am respectful to people I know or to whom I am performing for. I thought it was funny because you have two people that don't really like each other, something was bound to happen.

they are both wrong and like I said before, Criss started the fire, Jim decided to dump gasoline on the fire. Sylvia(sp?) Brown is more believeable then Jim Callahans act. Jims act was more "movie'ish", it was obvious it was fake, but I think what Criss was so pissed about was before that horrible act he performed he says he can actually speak to the dead.

I have had moments where I look at someone and just because of how they look, I get angry, annoyed, and I just don't want to talk to them, they just rubbed me the wrong way. Criss might have had the same thing happen to him, well almost the same since he actually acted on it. This is not a rare or uncommon thing to happen. It's quite common and happens to A LOT of people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results