Pick-up Magic Question

May 30, 2010
Australia
Hi guys,

I want to learn more pick-up effects as well as the science behind those players doing magic. Can anyone please give me a good source or reference for this topic. I remember Jay Sankey releasing one named Firestarters. But I'm looking for those sets with actual live performances. What was the title from Spidey? I came across his name in that subject a couple of years ago, but I didn't pay any interest in it, until now. Can anyone help me?Thanks.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Spidey has two DVD's. The Art of Attraction vol. 1 and 2. The first DVD is strictly psychology on the subject and the second is the magic. Nothing too amazing and new here, but definitely some really cool stuff. Since I watched that DVD, I do one of the effects all the time. Since it uses psychology and a necklace only, I always have mine on me so I can do it anytime anywhere. If the spectators have a necklace, even better!

Oct 29, 2013
Sorry for my ignorance, but what are we suppose to learn in those DVD's? How to pick chicks? Cause that's what the title suggest to me..
BTW, anyone here have tried the effect Phantom by Spidey? I would like to ask you a few questions about the effect

Strangely enough this is a topic that comes up a lot on various forums.

Being skilled in the art of Magic is not going to get you the girls by itself.. You need to be skilled in the art of 'Game' (believe it or not, its a real thing) Both forms require practice. A LOT of PRACTICE!
There are loads of books, sites, DVD’s and schools that you could learn from.

Girls are not stupid.. they can tell if you have learned some lame trick off YouTube to help you pick up girls.
When you are a skilled magician it’s not the trick that sells them, It’s the fact that you can show off a skill that has taken you years to learn, present one of your passions, a real part of who you are and with that the attraction switches are flipped.
I guess you could fake this with a few good tricks ... but what then? What happens when they realise its all bullsh*t ?

Don’t be fooled friend .. if you are learning magic to pick up girls , you are learning it for the wrong reasons. Although admittedly it helps.

Here are some "pick up artist" sites to check out to get a better understanding of the Venusian arts.

Some people hate it, some are against it, some are for it, some love both arts.
Either way: Choice is yours.

http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/
www.theattractionforums.com

Peace.

Oct 30, 2013
Not too long ago I helped a pair of pickup artists/dating coaches do a marketing plan and organizational model. Had to do a ton of research into the industry and the theories and what have you. I have really, really, really mixed feelings on that world, and I'd probably avoid the forums if I were you.

As for magic tricks specifically: Yes, a magic trick can build fascination and show that you are interesting. But imagine you had some sort of magical relic from thousands of years ago. You show it to a girl, she's really interested. Then you use it to hit on her. Most girls will think it's terrible and cheesy and out of line with the moment she thought you were having.

Really the problem with trying to impress someone with a trick, you are trying to impress someone with a trick. At the end of the day if you feel needy and want to impress people, you will either drive people away or attract the wrong kind of person. If anything you would probably want to show a good trick and downplay the crap out of it, then switch into a palm reading or some psychology game (like a fun game, not game as a word for pickup skills). I know a few of these and they're great for life, not just for women. But really it should just be about being playful and having fun, not about impressing anyone.

Some people have mentioned going the pickup route. If you do decide to do the pickup thing, forget lines, tricks, and systems and try something a bit more holistic like RSD. I have my own issues with that method, but I think it's among the best out there and it's going to be easier to transition from pickup to regular relationships. Otherwise, I'll say this: Pickup will get you results, but maybe not what you were looking for at the start. Most guys I met and interviewed were good people who were worth a woman's time, they just didn't know it or were too afraid to put themselves out there. I hope they ended up getting around that without forking over tons of money or believing that they have to trick people into liking them.

Sep 1, 2007
Not too long ago I helped a pair of pickup artists/dating coaches do a marketing plan and organizational model. Had to do a ton of research into the industry and the theories and what have you. I have really, really, really mixed feelings on that world, and I'd probably avoid the forums if I were you.

I used to advocate for the community. Not anymore. I came back after a sabbatical of a couple of years. The misogyny was pretty unchecked, quality control on info products was non-existent, and all the cool people had jumped ship. The volume of guys who got into it for the wrong reasons was scary. Shame, really. I still like David D's stuff since his whole thing is about lifestyle changes that draw better quality people to you in general, but beyond that the whole thing now leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That said, you guys do realize that this thread is almost two years old right?

Nov 1, 2013
Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it!

Oct 30, 2013
Haha, no, I didn't realize it started so long ago. I just saw it pop up under "latests posts" and I dove in.

Anyway, I really wouldn't advocate for the community any more than I would advocate any community where fundamentally good hopes and dreams end up twisted into something ugly (plenty of those to go around). I do wish some people would try to harness the same hopes and dreams in a better way, and I think the people I helped were doing that a little bit. They were from the lifestyle changes crowd.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results