Private Property by Jay Sankey

Jan 10, 2008
Jay Sankey just recently re-released an item called Private Property.

What is Private Property? Private Property is based off of an old idea of Theodore Anneman that very few people have experimented with. Jay Sankey was one of those guys that decided to experiment with this. Though the process of playing around with this, he developed several powerful routines using this idea, however; because of the intense and tedious labor it took to make the gimmick, he just stopped using it all together. Years later he stumbled upon a way to manufacture the gimmick. Now he uses it all the time.

When you own Private Property, you now have a way to read the spectator's mind. Tell them the card they are thinking of, the name of a person they care about, any number, with the right structuring of a routine, you could come up with virtually endless possibilities of ways to either predict of divine anything that the spectator is thinking of!

What do you get with Private Property? You get printed instructions describing the construction of the gimmick and Jay's handling of an effect called Think of a Card. The Think of a Card effect is definitely not a throw-away item, it is extremely powerful. A spectator finds their own selection, a card that is never spoken, merely thought of!
You also get all of the materials necessary for the construction of the gimmick, which I will not mention out of risk of exposing the workings behind this marvelous device.

Is the gimmick hard to construct? Not at all! You'll be up and running with it in no time at all. I think it took me all of five minutes to make it!

Is it practical? Hell yes! If you could fit a deck of cards in your pocket, you can perform Private Property anywhere. I will mention this though, over time you will have to replace part of the gimmick. To do so is cheap, really cheap. Spending a $1.40 will yield you hundreds of performances with Private Property.

Is it easy? In magic I think that even "self-working" tricks require some degree of practice to make them look good. Private Property is about as simple as you could get though. Which is a good thing, more time for suspense and presentation!

Where can I get it or see a demo?
Right here: http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48382

Overall Score: 10/10

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks David! (Haha all Davids are awesome)
I just bought Mental Masterpiece by Annemann...what an ingenious device. I am in the process of constructing mine...but have a few questions. Mind if I PM you?

::dAvid

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results