Prophet : Tom Isaacson // "Snap, and they would change..."

Prophet by Tom Isaacson

Product Information
Cost: DVD:: $24.95
Download:: $24.95
DL/DVD Bundle:: $29.95

Run-Time:: 00:32:18

Product Description
Five one dollar bills visually change into five HUNDRED dollar bills, in the blink of an eye. With no strange motions. No folding. No delay. And nothing but finesse. From creator Tom Isaacson comes Prophet, featuring 32 minutes of in-depth instruction on every nuance of the effect. It's the most visual, fluid bill change handling to date-- and now it's yours.

Breakdown of Contents
Introduction: 00:00:00-00:03:09
Street Performances: 00:03:10-00:05:24
Gimmick Construction//History: 00:05:25-00:19:35
Handling: 00:19:36-00:29:04
Final Thoughts: 00:29:05-00:31:46
Credits: 00:31:47-00:32:18

Download Quality
Overall Quality: The camera quality in this is 100% top-notch. It is shot in HD, and is crystal clear. Probably the best overall quality on a Theory11 download to-date. I also noticed, for those of you who complained about the "focusing" of the camera in and out, this seems to have been avoided for Prophet. So, if you hated that aspect of the downloads there is no need to worry this time around.

Camera Angles: For constructing the gimmick, the camera has a few different angles. So, if you didn't catch it the first time, you will the second. It is not difficult to learn from at all. Dana has done a great job.

Gimmick
Construction: The overall time to construct your gimmick will vary. If you want to make it as perfect as possible it will take slightly longer. The first time I constructed mine (out of Monopoly money) it took me about 10-15 minutes. When I re-made it, to make it as perfect as possible it took me 20-25 minutes.

You will need a few items but, most of which you should already own. If not, it isn't hard too find, a quick trip to Staples and your set.

Teaching: Tom teaches how to construct this in-side out, as well as some great tips to make it look as natural as humanly possible. There is multiple camera angles, so you should know what your doing at all times. I recommend getting all of the supplies needed first. Then watch the instructions and pause at the most necessary times. Since, it is fairly quick. Overall, this is my first time constructing a billswitch gimmick and I did it ease and precision.

Durability: Depending on how well you make the gimmick it should last a long time. Unless you accidently burn, tear, or soak your bills then this should last you as long as ANY other everyday bill. And there is no "re-fills" needed since you make it at home, so if your going to purchase this remember that.

Destruction: Ok, for this effect you will not necessarily need to cut, or severely ruin any bills. Depending on what you use to create the gimmick your bills should be fine, and able to come-apart and be spent afterwards. I can't go too in-depth on creating it since that would give it away. But, it all depends on what you use to create it.

Presentation//Handling: First, the handling. Tom goes over all of this to make it look as natural as possible. All 5 bills can be show front and back, cleanly to the audience. Since there's a gimmick they cannot inspect all 5 but, they can inspect to an "extent". Everything though is very, very natural. They look like 5 bills at all time, what you see in the preview is how it should lok The actual changing of the bills is slightly knacky but, isn't any harder than any regular card sleight. There is 2 changes that are variations of each other.

There is numerous ways to present Prophet, all of which are great. This is based off of Patrick Pages easy money which was first displayed as changing pieces of paper into bills. So, as long as the pieces of paper, and/or bills are the same size you can change it into each other. Colour also doesn't matter if you make the gimmick properly. So, there is numerous ways to present this, which Tom goes over in the download as well. I won't get more in-depth than that.

Commonly Asked Questions
Q: Does it have to be only 1's and 100's?
A: No it doesn't. It can be any bills that are the same size, or even pieces of paper. Although it is taught while using 1's and 100's it is easy enough to make the gimmick even out of monopoly money.

Q:Can the bills/paper be different colours
A: Yes they can. The better you make your gimmick though, the easier it is to conceal this fact. So, if you don't follow Tom's directions it will be hard to conceal the different colours.

Q: Can all the bills be inspected
A: No. 80% of the bills can be inspected. But, not all.

Q: Isn't this the same as Extreme Burn?
A: No it isn't. Although both are based off of Patrick Page's Easy Money concept, EB uses something extra to make the changes. They are very similar though

Q:Extreme Burn is longer, and has more changes, why would Theory11 even release this?
A: Well both were being produced, at around the same time, and each method is different and thought of individually. Prophet happened to come out later. So, it is truly up to you on which one you want to purchase. Yes, it does have more changes and that is a great thing. I only own Prophet so I can't give me full opinion but, it's all up to the consumer and what they're looking for. As for my say, both look amazing, I received Prophet as gift so I didn't really choose between them. It's up to yourself to make the choice.

Final Thoughts
As this is my first bill-switch I have ever owned, I must say I am very pleased. I created the gimmick very well, in no time, and practiced and practiced and practiced. I performed this twice since I received this and both groups were blown away. I now understand why Theory11 released this, it is an amazing close-up effect, perfect for any situation, and looks like pure magic.

If you have any questions, and/or concerns feel free to PM me or post in this topic if need be.

Thanks,
-RA69

Sep 6, 2007
Estonia
Very NICE and very very very throrough review so far.
VEEEEERY nice.
Best ever.
I also own Prophet, and all i have to say is .. IT ROCKS. :D.
Tom has made an excellent job.

Oct 28, 2007
yeah i love prophet it is so cool! the problem i have with eb it is still nice don't get me wrong it seems to obvieous except the underground change but it is less open.

Prophet by Tom Isaacson

Product Information
Cost: DVD:: $24.95
Download:: $24.95
DL/DVD Bundle:: $29.95

Run-Time:: 00:32:18

Product Description

Breakdown of Contents
Introduction: 00:00:00-00:03:09
Street Performances: 00:03:10-00:05:24
Gimmick Construction//History: 00:05:25-00:19:35
Handling: 00:19:36-00:29:04
Final Thoughts: 00:29:05-00:31:46
Credits: 00:31:47-00:32:18

Download Quality
Overall Quality: The camera quality in this is 100% top-notch. It is shot in HD, and is crystal clear. Probably the best overall quality on a Theory11 download to-date. I also noticed, for those of you who complained about the "focusing" of the camera in and out, this seems to have been avoided for Prophet. So, if you hated that aspect of the downloads there is no need to worry this time around.

Camera Angles: For constructing the gimmick, the camera has a few different angles. So, if you didn't catch it the first time, you will the second. It is not difficult to learn from at all. Dana has done a great job.

Gimmick
Construction: The overall time to construct your gimmick will vary. If you want to make it as perfect as possible it will take slightly longer. The first time I constructed mine (out of Monopoly money) it took me about 10-15 minutes. When I re-made it, to make it as perfect as possible it took me 20-25 minutes.

You will need a few items but, most of which you should already own. If not, it isn't hard too find, a quick trip to Staples and your set.

Teaching: Tom teaches how to construct this in-side out, as well as some great tips to make it look as natural as humanly possible. There is multiple camera angles, so you should know what your doing at all times. I recommend getting all of the supplies needed first. Then watch the instructions and pause at the most necessary times. Since, it is fairly quick. Overall, this is my first time constructing a billswitch gimmick and I did it ease and precision.

Durability: Depending on how well you make the gimmick it should last a long time. Unless you accidently burn, tear, or soak your bills then this should last you as long as ANY other everyday bill. And there is no "re-fills" needed since you make it at home, so if your going to purchase this remember that.

Destruction: Ok, for this effect you will not necessarily need to cut, or severely ruin any bills. Depending on what you use to create the gimmick your bills should be fine, and able to come-apart and be spent afterwards. I can't go too in-depth on creating it since that would give it away. But, it all depends on what you use to create it.

Presentation//Handling: First, the handling. Tom goes over all of this to make it look as natural as possible. All 5 bills can be show front and back, cleanly to the audience. Since there's a gimmick they cannot inspect all 5 but, they can inspect to an "extent". Everything though is very, very natural. They look like 5 bills at all time, what you see in the preview is how it should lok The actual changing of the bills is slightly knacky but, isn't any harder than any regular card sleight. There is 2 changes that are variations of each other.

There is numerous ways to present Prophet, all of which are great. This is based off of Patrick Pages easy money which was first displayed as changing pieces of paper into bills. So, as long as the pieces of paper, and/or bills are the same size you can change it into each other. Colour also doesn't matter if you make the gimmick properly. So, there is numerous ways to present this, which Tom goes over in the download as well. I won't get more in-depth than that.

Commonly Asked Questions
Q: Does it have to be only 1's and 100's?
A: No it doesn't. It can be any bills that are the same size, or even pieces of paper. Although it is taught while using 1's and 100's it is easy enough to make the gimmick even out of monopoly money.

Q:Can the bills/paper be different colours
A: Yes they can. The better you make your gimmick though, the easier it is to conceal this fact. So, if you don't follow Tom's directions it will be hard to conceal the different colours.

Q: Can all the bills be inspected
A: No. 80% of the bills can be inspected. But, not all.

Q: Isn't this the same as Extreme Burn?
A: No it isn't. Although both are based off of Patrick Page's Easy Money concept, EB uses something extra to make the changes. They are very similar though

Q:Extreme Burn is longer, and has more changes, why would Theory11 even release this?
A: Well both were being produced, at around the same time, and each method is different and thought of individually. Prophet happened to come out later. So, it is truly up to you on which one you want to purchase. Yes, it does have more changes and that is a great thing. I only own Prophet so I can't give me full opinion but, it's all up to the consumer and what they're looking for. As for my say, both look amazing, I received Prophet as gift so I didn't really choose between them. It's up to yourself to make the choice.

Final Thoughts
As this is my first bill-switch I have ever owned, I must say I am very pleased. I created the gimmick very well, in no time, and practiced and practiced and practiced. I performed this twice since I received this and both groups were blown away. I now understand why Theory11 released this, it is an amazing close-up effect, perfect for any situation, and looks like pure magic.

If you have any questions, and/or concerns feel free to PM me or post in this topic if need be.

Thanks,
-RA69

How did you get it as a gift?

How did you get it as a gift?

If you truly want to know, I was sent the download by Theory11. So, there's not much more that needs to be said.

Ultimately it wasn't my choice but, Prophet is a truly great effect, I'm incredibly pleased with it. I don't own Extreme Burn but, the visual aspect is amazing and the reviews have been through the roof. So, if your freaking out trying to decide which one is better, don't worry. If you choose one over the other you're still getting a great product either way. Both have the positives and negatives.

Also, if you have any more questions, that I could add to my FAQ reference for my review let me know if I missed anything.

Feel free to contact me personally as well and I can give you some help if need be,
-RA69

Nov 8, 2007
what bills are everyone using? ive just ordered some of these bad boys for practice and for fun!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUALITY-MILLI...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
10 bills for 99p! lol

im going to start off with paper to money, im not rich enough to do money to money anyway, and with us brits its impossible! :p
Nothing screams "corny" and "gimmicked" like taking out your own bills and changing them to some phony million dollar bills.

I absolutely love the way Prophet looks, but there's no way I'm buying it because, on a teacher's salary, I don't have $500 to take out of the bank and put into an effect.

If you're going to perform Prophet perform it by turning 1s into 100s, or something equivalent. But using play money does nothing but take this effect from "miracle" to "trick."

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
did i say i was using them? no..

'for practice and fun'... im not going to risk making the gimmick wrong, or using the wrong items to make it!

you may have want to read it more carefully next time, i didnt say i was going to perform with those to people, and i said at the end i would use paper to real money, using british money... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results