Public Libraries?

Sep 3, 2007
Haha, yeah dudes, as for saying "KEEP THE BOOK" that is a joke!

I won't lie, I have "borrowed" without intent to return and without the knowledge of the Librarian when I was young and starting magic...and I have heard that story from many greats. Stating, the book was so good I felt obligated not to let others see it. This was more about them stealing a good book...because back then you could get good books on magic at the Library, a bit harder now. However, I am NOT advocating you steal - actually, today, it would be much harder. When I was young, they didn't have security measures like those things that beep...

Anyhow - it isn't exposure. Here is the thing bro - those books you buy...yeah, they are available for everyone. ANYONE, can go to a magic shop or online and buy those books.

PAYING for something, or not, isn't what makes it exposure, that is an ethics issue, what makes it exposure is the intent to reveal the effects to those that don't want to perform them - this is the concern with Youtube...not to mention the amount of false information people learn.

The Library paid for those books..well, someone did...I accidently typed die for did (as in died) and realized that could be a way the libary got the books too...anyhow, few are going to go looking for those books to see how stuff is done.

You are right, not everyone can afford all the books in magic...and you got to start somewhere. Don't steal the book...unless you find out it is rare or one bad ass book! Again, telling the truth...if I found a magic shop book, like "Unseen Forces" - that book is not making it back...as it is TOO high end for your average magic enthusist at a Library.

Which brings me to my last point...what are you really going to find at the Library? I found some Sankey and Ammar videos on VHS...yeah, VHS...and this wasn't years ago, it was like last year, so you can imagine how valuable those are to most? VHS! I also found a few Bobo books, but for the most part you will find your standard Chapter books....if you are really lucky you will get Josh Jay's new book!

In the end - it is a non-issue...and yeah, again, don't steal - that was a JOKE...sort of.

Say, we get it all the time: people not understanding what a joke is! Some of my posts are jokes too! Next time you visit the Library you will probably find HD videos of your favorite magicians.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results