Question for Zach Mueller

Jun 19, 2013
Hi.

My question is for Zach Mueller.
In the Wire submissions guidelines, it says don't use music that you don't own the rights to. If it says that, then how did you use Internet Connection (Flux Pavilion Remix ), Beat Em Up by MC2, or Pacifica by UKF in some of your releases?
Are they copyrighted? Because in order for me to get them I purchased them off iTunes.

Thanks.

P.S. Don't take this the wrong way, I am a huge fan of you and I don't mean any disrespect.

Apr 17, 2013
I'm not Zach, but you can buy rights to use music. You have to contact the publisher of the music. I would start with ASCAP and BMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some music can be open sourced as well. Meaning the artist publishes their music with the intent of others being able to use it for free.

Purchasing a song off I-tunes is NOT the same thing as purchasing the rights to use the song in published work. Either you must petition the artist for written consent to use their song, or you must purchase the licensing rights to each song you want to use from the artist or their management/ Label directly. If you end up paying licensing fees for the rights to use a song then you may also need to pay royalties to the artist as well per sale of your product that their work is featured in.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results