Questions about making an effect

May 14, 2017
Greece
So..how easy or difficult is to make an effect? What kind of information you use to make one? What are the questions that you have to make to yourself to make an effect?
And if you make one how sure you are with this effect that is your "invention"?
Out there in the world of "magic" and especially in the world of card "magic" are hundreds of effects and routines, even more...
I have try to make some effects in card "magic" and i dont know if these effects are from my mind or somewhere else did the same thing...
Sorry for my bad English language, i am from Greece..

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
How easy is it to make an effect? Incredibly easy.

How easy is it to create something that's actually good, hasn't been published previously, and isn't simply a variation of what is already out there? That can be pretty difficult.

The information I use is my books, videos, and friends. I come up with something, I check any of the books I have that relate to that thing to see if I'm just using a method I read about and basically forgot, then I check through my videos for the same thing, then I run it by friends who are more knowledgeable than me to see if they know of anything like it. I then usually end up buying more books and videos off their recommendations regarding similar material so I can make the method as good as it can be right off the bat. Then I start performing it, and hone it from there.

The questions I ask are: What do I want to make the audience feel or experience? How do I make that happen without visual compromise?

Creating isn't difficult. Creativity is a skill that can be developed, just like any other skill. The more you create, the more creative you will be. You will undoubtedly re-create what has already been done many times. That's not a problem, you just can't sell those routines later. Just keep creating and you will continue to improve your creativity.

Reactions: obrienmagic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results