Recommended Vid Cameras?

HD only looks good if EVERYTHING is HD. Cables to upload to your computer, meaning a very nice IEEE 1394 firewire cable. I dont own anything HD. I enjoy my programs just fine without it. To get HD like you see on tv, your gonna need a really expensive camera. The program to edit all of it cost more than a car usually. Its the same as DTS sound. Unless every little thing is certified, you wont have it. Almost every one who came into Best Buy to get hd things, didnt think i was telling the truth, just trying to get them to spend more. They think they have HD, but they really dont. I personally think a smaller camera is just as nice. get a smaller camera, and use that for a while. Slowly build up your tools. Why buy the nice camera if you wont use it to its full potential?

Also, what you think is HD will most probably not be FULL HD. The Flip shoots 1280x720. Which is not full HD. Sony cameras shoot HDV. Which is 1440x1080. Which is not FULL HD.

If you're shooting to tape you cannot shoot full HD. Only higher end camcorders can shoot true HD 1920x1080. These cameras use codecs and shoot to SD or P2 cards. I forget which cards the EX series records to.

But yeah.

Mitch

I own
A Sony Webbie HD
As well as a Flip Mini HD - that J.B. recommended.

For the price, you cannot beat the Flip.
Yes its small, but for the price, it records in crisp 720p which some camaras for alot more do not even look as good.
Its so easy to carry around.

The Sony Webbie, is a small HD camara as well, a little bit pricer then the Flip, however i find that still the Flip records with better quality.

Let us know what camara you purchase, wish you the best.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
do u guys think that the iPhone 3GS is going to be a good camera, cause i was either thinking of getting that (because i have the 2G iphone) or the Flip Mino....

The 3G has a superb camera, although it does not take videos. I've watched the online "tour" of the 3GS, and the video looked awesome... assuming it was actually video taken on the iPhone. However, I wouldn't just buy it for the camera. If you're looking for just a camera, go with a real HD camera... I think you'll be happier with it in the long run.

I am planning on buying a 3GS towards the end of the summer (it's going to cost me a lot extra, since I'm not due for an upgrade from the 3G yet, but I think it will be worth it), so if you're still looking then, I'll clue you in.

Sep 2, 2007
if you're looking for something cheap, get the Insignia HD camcorder. it's about 100$, records on SD and records in 720P I love it. it's cheap and does what it's designed for. alternatively: you can get the flip mino HD which is a little more expensive (Be sure to get the one with the 3.0 inch CD it looks much nicer with better video)

Jun 1, 2009
The Flip looks really good and from what I'm hearing, it's not worth the extra 50 bucks for HD?
And is the Flip good just for recording practice videos, or walk around magic, or both?

Sep 2, 2007
I repeat: the insignia is higher quality than the flip. and cheaper. :p but the flip is good for home stuff

Oct 22, 2008
yahh idkk lol either the flip or the insignia ahh which one will it be although the insignia is alottt cheaper and if its as good as u say dizzi i might just trust your opinion

Oct 22, 2008
ohh and i read the reviews and it said like it was bad to upload avi files :( uhoh i want to upload to the computer lol thats like the main reason im gettin a vid cam

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results