Riffle Pass by Chad Nelson

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Im curious as to how your pass has improved in a matter of hours just by getting this download?

Im with enigma, pick up something from england and learn real techiniques from a true master. All Chad's riffle pass is a color change. Much too unnatural to be a control.

Now that's a blind statement there Dan. Chad's techniques are just as good as Jason's. Just because he has had 20 years of practice with the pass doesn't make him God of all pass techniques. Chad has really great input. I normally am not a big fan of Chad, but this is a great download. Anyone can improve their magic or card sleights with a change in how they do it. So yes, I did change and improve my pass by Chad's techniques. I'm not saying it has shot up significantly in being undetectable or unspotted, but in terms of how it has made my confidence in doing the pass sky rocket. I never liked the classic pass, so I thought I'd let it grow on me by throwing 5 bucks into a risk pool, and I'm glad I did because it makes me want to work harder at it. I find Chad's easier for ME. ME. I'm not saying it suits you, because I have no idea on what style fits you, but for 5 bucks (which isn't much at all) it's definitely worth putting the money into. Even if you are great at the pass, there is always room for flexibility and room for improvement, am I not right?

-Casey

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
I didn't mean the pass in general is self working. I meant that Chad's techniques and finesse taught in the download makes it more self working, meaning less work for you doing the pass. So no, you haven't heard everything. You should read more of my posts to get a better understanding.

-Casey

Relax dude, I just thought the way you worded it was funny. Your description sounded similar to the way the Erdnase two handed shift is supposed to work (at least the way I understand it). Can you comment on that?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Relax dude, I just thought the way you worded it was funny. Your description sounded similar to the way the Erdnase two handed shift is supposed to work (at least the way I understand it). Can you comment on that?

I've never read that section of Expert at the Card Table, so I wouldn't know right now. I'll have to look at that. I guess I am Erdnase's ghost....that's magic for ya!!! :). I thought you were being serious, so sorry for the confusion.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
The great thing about this is that it is more "tight" in the way the packets move so there is not as much to spot as on the original classic pass where the move is quit huge.

Chads did approach the sleight in the way he changed its designe just a little bit instead of using so much of hand movment.

Chad has put some really nice work into this.

Also the nice thing about this is that it is doable for someone with average skills, to get a pass like Jason England you will have to put in an insane amount of time.

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
Ok, I just saw the video of Chad nelson's pass and here are my views.

1) He is NOT following Erdnase's advice in one respect. His right hand pinky flutters noticeably as he executes the pass. Erdnase gives a tip or two about avoiding this (In fact, Erdnase says that none of the front fingers should ever move when executing the pass).

2) Point #1 might not be problematic by itself, but when you use a pass as a color change, these things make a difference. Also, the repeated rifling before the actual change seemed overdone, like something was going to happen soon.

3) I think he does the spread pass way way better than the classic pass.

4) I'm not going to discourage anyone from buying this, but keep in mind that there is a lot of confusing information about the pass out there. I'm trying to understand the move myself, but this download is not the magic bullet that will suddenly make you a master of an indetectable pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Ofcourse this is not the ultimate pass video, but Chands Pass is still a damn good one. I remember when the surfaced dvd came out and he did the very same pass and everyone were talking about how amazing the pass was.

Now, remember that you might not be that impressed efter watching it several times but keep in mind that you have probably seen lots of passes and even watched Chads pass a few times. Your audience is probably just going to see 1 PASS ever if done as a color change and as Jason England says in his Pass download, you cant rewinde real life.

And when it comes to the pass it is good to have a few sources because with a move like the pass you will have to find a way that works for you. As Jason says in hos download, the key to a good pass is to EXPERIMENTE, EXPERIMENTE and EXPERIMENTE until you find what works for you, there will never be a ultimate pass.

What we see in Jasons download is what he came up with for his hands and what worked well for him and in Chands download we see what he came up with and with all the information we gather we can create something that works for our hands.

The pass if far from a perfect move so there will never be a perfect pass but there are different ways to cover the weakness and its great to see it from a few different point of views.

So remember, dont be dissapointed because there will never bee a perfect pass. Recognize the weak points and try to work around it and you will have a pass that works for you.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I really don't understand the necessity of having a burnable pass. Looks cute though.

i 2nd if your just using it as a control

but if your using it as the focus of a routine like the las vegas card cheat routine. having a burnable pass makes it all the stronger.

edit: or a color change

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Personally when I have done LV card cheating routines in the past I have wanted a slight flash on my pass so the audience can see something. Afterwards I would go more on to an ACR in terms of methodolgy so they have no chance to see anything.

Now that's a blind statement there Dan. Chad's techniques are just as good as Jason's. Just because he has had 20 years of practice with the pass doesn't make him God of all pass techniques. Chad has really great input. I normally am not a big fan of Chad, but this is a great download. Anyone can improve their magic or card sleights with a change in how they do it. So yes, I did change and improve my pass by Chad's techniques. I'm not saying it has shot up significantly in being undetectable or unspotted, but in terms of how it has made my confidence in doing the pass sky rocket. I never liked the classic pass, so I thought I'd let it grow on me by throwing 5 bucks into a risk pool, and I'm glad I did because it makes me want to work harder at it. I find Chad's easier for ME. ME. I'm not saying it suits you, because I have no idea on what style fits you, but for 5 bucks (which isn't much at all) it's definitely worth putting the money into. Even if you are great at the pass, there is always room for flexibility and room for improvement, am I not right?

-Casey

Yes you are right I agree there is always room for improvement. I just want to say that I'm with you in the fact that I usually dont like... well HIGHLY dislike Chad's work. It just seems way too unrefined to be considered "professional".

But anyway on to the topic. I know nothing about how his pass is actually accomplished so yes I guess what i said is a blind statement. For me though I am.. I guess... "turned off" by the uglyness of his method. Sure the pass itself looks great but all that stupid riffling and bending the crap out of the deck just telegraphs a move. So if his method is as good as you say it is, I would love to see you post a video of it in a regular hhandling.

i.e.- Take chad's method and eliminate all the incessant riffling, and use it as just a regular pass as you would in performance.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I haven't really practiced the pass much before buying the On Demand, but here's a quick practice session with 3 riffle passes. The first is the worst, because that was the warm up. The other 2 are way better, but by no means perfect or great. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhiYzBWIK_s

That is using Chad's technique. It's to ME that it is better than my old passes, but that's my view, and there is no perfect pass because everyone is different. :)

-Casey

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results