Russian Roulette with Acid

Jan 18, 2009
Maryland
I used to do a blindfolded shot glass trick with 3 pepsi shots and 1 filled with gasoline. It was easy but got HUGE reactions. Im not gonna give away my secret but just think of your own way to do it!

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
There are really no known marketed effects that involve russian roulette with acid...but the concept has been used on that magik show "Phenomenon"...with mr. Angel and Uri gellar. I think the guy who performed it...ahhh...wats his name...Guy something?...ahh..im tired...

Sep 1, 2007
This effect has been marketed before. Mark Edward has a version in one of his books, but I'm going to hold back saying which one for one particular reason: most Russian roulette tricks are performed badly.

Consider if you can pull this off with a modicum of taste and if you have the kind of audience that would be open to that sort of thing.

As for the acid/base thing, stop to consider why acid is such a standard in the movies. It's more dramatic. Bleach may be extremely harmful to flesh, but consider that acid oxidizes what it touches. To put it plainly, it burns. Have you ever been burned before? It is a pain quite unlike anything else. It is a horrific experience. That's why acid is so dramatic in movies.

Sep 1, 2007
acid will burn, but it takes longer.

And this is supposed to make me feel less apprehensive about acid, how?

I get the science. But I also get drama. And from a writer's perspective, acid is more dramatic because it's process of destruction is slow and agonizing.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think that like Steerpike said, it's what people percieve to be more dangerous and what kind of images pop into their mind.

It's quite likely that the most part of your audience will not be science guru's and therefore will draw their conclusions from what they've seen in movies and the like.

It's all about perception, not fact. I lie all the time about stuff, apparently to escape from Speedcuffs you have to dislocate both your wrists, they are the most difficult handcuffs in the world to escape from!!!

Is that true? No. but it sounds dramatic and is plausible. Everything you should do should be informed, but if you have to bend the truth to affect your audience more effectively then do it. They don't care about 100% fact, they care about being entertained!!

D.

Why would you want to risk your insides?
Isn't a huge spike through your hand enough?

Personally I hate Russian Roullette routines because no matter how Fool proof it is, it isn't 100 percent. I for one don't want to risk my hands for one effect.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I have a question. Is it actually possible for somebody to purchase Sulfuric Acid? I would think that this kind of stuff is a bit too dangerous for just about anybody on this board to purchase.

Sep 1, 2007
Why would you want to risk your insides?
Isn't a huge spike through your hand enough?

Personally I hate Russian Roullette routines because no matter how Fool proof it is, it isn't 100 percent. I for one don't want to risk my hands for one effect.

I know two Russian roulette routines that are absolutely fool proof, the first of which being Mark Edward's.

However, I do agree that they're generally done in bad taste.

I have a question. Is it actually possible for somebody to purchase Sulfuric Acid?

There are certain restrictions and licenses required, but hypothetically it could be acquired.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I don't think anybody here has the proper tools and equipment to manage it. I suspect most here would just sit it on the shelf or something and then if it fell out.. You'd be screwed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results