Saturday Night Contest - 1-on-1 Performance Challenge

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Inspired by your suggestions posted here, this week's SNC is a bit different from the usual. Over the past two years, we've released 1-on-1 training videos detailing everything from Card and Coin Magic - to Cardistry - to tricks utilizing Razor Blades and Oreos.

Your task tonight is simple - to create a video showcasing a performance - of any type - of anything we've covered thus far in a 1-on-1 video. If you're doing any type of magic, REAL performances (for spectators) are a HUGE plus. But any performance will work. Creativity counts.

All submissions will be judged based on execution and overall effect. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or Drop.io and must be submitted by 11:00pm EST TOMORROW night - Sunday - for judging. You have about 24 hours to make it happen.

The possibilities with this are literally endless. It could be a gambling demonstration shot for the camera; it could be a live performance of Cookie Cutter (or any other trick we've shown); it could be a cardistry video using moves taught in the 1-on-1 section.

The choice is yours, with the only requirement being that it needs to be a NEW video of your own creation performing something taught in the 1-on-1 section. And the deadline is tomorrow night at 11:00pm EST.

The winner will receive a six pack of Stingers and the 1-on-1 video of your choice. Looking forward to seeing your stuff. This is your chance to go out and perform; this is your choice to show what you've been working on. Good luck!

Jul 8, 2008
So if I were to do hellbound, do I have to do the one Chris teaches or my own version of that trick?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Sorry, I am not understanding. So if I were to film a performance of me using, say, the Fan Control, I could submit it?

Thanks!

Correct - that would be fair game. Some ideas off the top of my mind - a performance of the Gypsy Thread (for real people!), The Biddle Trick, Election, Blind, FiveSpeed, or even Triumph. There's tons of possibilities with this one.

May 31, 2008
I always remembered it as, "There are no stupid questions except for the ones that aren't asked." But yes, now we're extremely off topic. Can somebody answer? I've never seen a SNC thread that was more dead than this one. =(

You're right, usually by now there are 50 posts on these threads. (20 of them usually about socka trova)

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
YES! This works out perfect for me 'cause I'll be doing magic outside all day at Westfest :D.
Look forward to watching some submissions.

Also could I perform, say... a drastically different handling of biddle trick? It's still the same trick, but looks much different than the one thought in the 1-on-1.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Are we allowed to perform variations in presentation and maybe method?
sounds like an awesome one this week haha.
I guess I have to jam something into my school time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results