Saturday Night Contest - 52 + YOU - Photography Challenge

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
For this week's Saturday Night Contest, we wanted to host a challenge that almost everyone can participate in. It's an easy one, but as always, we're looking for creativity and overall impact. Make it count.

The challenge tonight is this: we're looking for a photograph illustrating you with your favorite deck. The photograph can be of any style - you doing cardistry with the deck, fanning the deck - or even just holding the deck by your side. The possibilities are endless, and we're looking for high quality, interesting photographs. Got a cool location to shoot it at? Even better. The picture must be taken specifically for THIS contest, tonight - old pictures may not be used.

The more high-impact, the more engaging the picture is - the better. However, pictures should NOT have any text on them in any way, although you CAN use Photoshop (or Picnik, or Fotoflexer) to sweeten the image. For example, you can apply color correction, black and white, etc. No text, though - the image should speak for itself.

Images should be posted in response to THIS forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST. Limit of THREE photo submissions (at maximum) per member, although I would think that just one really good one would be the best route to take.

What's up for grabs? Naturally, as this does involve your favorite deck of playing cards, we're offering up a 6 pack of your choice of Bicycle Guardians, Bicycle Centurions, or Propaganda... or one deck of Brown Wynn's or White Centurions. The choice is yours.

UPDATE : Winner has been posted. See the results of tonight's contest here.

Sep 1, 2007
hmmm....I might do this...I was planning on watching American History X tonight....hmmmmm

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
could not be better timing, im headed into the school real quick to grab my camera anyway. i guess i'll just make a stop in the studio too. should be posted within the hour. yay

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Hey guys, anyone know how to work the self-timer on a canon powershot? I've been sitting here for 30mins trying to figure the damn thing out.

Well on my camera (Canon PowerShot SD200) you set the timer by having the switch in camera mode. Then you hit the "Menu" button and scroll down to the "Self Timer" where you can set it for 2 or 10 seconds. Don't know if that helped.

Well on my camera (Canon PowerShot SD200) you set the timer by having the switch in camera mode. Then you hit the "Menu" button and scroll down to the "Self Timer" where you can set it for 2 or 10 seconds. Don't know if that helped.

Yeah, mine's set for 10 seconds, but I just can't activate the timer. Don't worry, I'll figure it out

EDIT: Hell yeah, I got it baby

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yeah, mine's set for 10 seconds, but I just can't activate the timer. Don't worry, I'll figure it out

Try pressing the down key on the main screen. A bunch of logos should pop up on the screen each time you press it. Stop when the "10" image with a timer logo comes up. Any luck?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results