Saturday Night Contest :: d+M roundtable discussion

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Tonight is Saturday, January 10th, and this week will be a crazy one in the theory11 hq. Last night, d+M landed in Sin City. Tonight, we'll be holding a special edition theory11 roundtable discussion with him.

This is our twelfth recorded roundtable discussion, with past discussions available in the archive. Ask any question you wish - everything is fair game. We will select some of the best questions to be answered live in a podcast posted tonight at 11:30pm EST. Questions should be relevant, topical, and appropriate in order to promote a great discussion on cardistry, magic, and everything in between.

All questions must be submitted on or before 10:00pm EST. One random member whose question is asked during the podcast will receive a 1-on-1 of your choice. Ask away, and look forward to having a great discussion tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
who is your biggest inspiration?
what is your favourite effect - of yours, to perform, to watch?
flourishing or magic?
who is sandman?
favourite books? magic or non-magic
favourite magician?
what is theory11 to you?
what is magic?
advice for any magician?
your life philosophy?
what was your first effect? - you made, you learned
when do you plan on releasing change?
what was the last trick that completely fooled you?

what is the daniel madison show?
(and what happened with your starving stunt)
how do u like the propaganda's
is it difficult to produce video's and work with a company that is so far away from you?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
-How to you get your inspiration for tricks and flourishes?

-Do you do any other kinds of magic besides cards?

-Why do you like black and white so much?

-What magicians do you look up to?

Jan 10, 2009
Haha, UK represent! anyway, my questions are:

1. What is the hardest flourish you've ever encountered, eg. cobra cut, etc?
2. What was the best experience you have ever had as a result of your magic (reactions, a certain gig, creating a dvd etc)?
3. What's your favourite thing about living in the UK? ;) (not a particularly important question, but just for laughs)
4. Do you plan on releasing CHANGE ever?

oh and congratulations on the marriage, i never really congratulated you, cheers,

J.

Sep 14, 2007
what if i came up w/ something new in magic that could stump you clueless, would you teach me your version of how you do Change?

or

when will you unleash the secret to Change?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
1. How has your past changed your outlook on magic and flourishing as well as style?

2. How much is flourishing and magic an important part of your life?

3. Who or what motivates you to continue flourishing, performing and/or creating?

4. How do you feel about identifying yourself as an underground magician in the current magic industry?

5. How do you perform flourishing? Do you use it to captivate your audience before doing magic? Or do you make it a separate performance of it's own? I'd really like to know your thoughts on this one.

Thanks,

_CC

D

Deleted member 2755

1. What made you decide to go from being a card cheat to a magician?

2. This is something I talk about a lot and I would love to hear your thoughts on this... You talk about how magicians don't like breaking traditions and how they would not accept you for who you are because you were different. However, there are tons of magicians that are "different" and are accepted by the magic community. 3 examples of magicians that are different would be David Blaine and the two Buck twins. The Bucks both use almost no patter and they are very flashy with their magic. They turned magic completely upside down and made a style that was truly their own. From what I've seen, the magic community could not had been more welcoming of the two brothers. Why is it that you feel magicians would not accept you for what you did, but they accepted other magicians for what they did? The Bucks are young and different. So are you. This has made me wonder for a long time and I have yet to see someone talk back to me after making these points.

3. I thoroughly enjoy your card flourishes. From what I understand (meaning I could be wrong on this) you were into card flourishing before you got into magic which means you did XCM at the same time or before you were a card cheat. I have trouble seeing a card cheat being someone who also does XCM. What got you into card flourishing?

There are a few more questions I would love to ask, but I'll keep it at 3. There are also several points that I would normally say, but I am trying to keep my questions short. (They aren't, but they could had been a lot longer haha)

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
where did you get the idea for Devils Advocate productions? (like, where was it inspired from)

how long have you been doing magic/flourishing?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results