Saturday Night Contest - False Video Challenge

May 31, 2008
Dammit i can't enter this one cuz i know they're gonna ignore my awesome push-through and sky shuffles and focus on the flourishy show-off kinds of shuffles.

Not necessarily. To a spectator a normal-looking false shuffle is more convincing then a flourishy one. Right?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Not necessarily. To a spectator a normal-looking false shuffle is more convincing then a flourishy one. Right?

But nobody here is a normal spectator and the Threory11 people are probably more interested in flourishes than normal shuffles.

As a side note, i think sometime we should have a SNC based on coin magic. It's always about cards here.

Feb 24, 2009
But nobody here is a normal spectator and the Threory11 people are probably more interested in flourishes than normal shuffles.

As a side note, i think sometime we should have a SNC based on coin magic. It's always about cards here.

100% agreed. it is always about cards.

May 31, 2008
Sybil Toss Z

Well, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kENtJYd7ac&fmt=18

I had music, but I forgot about copyright laws and Youtube muted it. I think it's good that they're cracking down.

Anyway, it starts off as a Sybil, but then I toss one of the other packets into my other hand. The flourish is totally self-created, and totally false.

I've taken to calling it, "Sybil Toss Z" The Z is supposed to be a 2. The 2 is because of the two aces at the end.

I'd also like to add that I am not an XCMer at all. This was technically my first attempt at cardistry. I recently bought volume II of Dangerous and I'm starting to learn some good flourishes and cuts.

I hope you guys like it! It doesn't transfer well to a camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
England
Screw it I'll put something up, not getting my hopes up though, just got in and was at a party tonight, so been drinking.
Get ready :p

Oct 22, 2008
ok so here is mine!!

http://vimeo.com/4449669 (and no this is not Ricky Jay card control) :rolleyes:

any way's I decided to not edit anything here and just add a little type of performance. I made the controls simple. Just gave a couple convincing cuts and my own made up flourish I like to call "spoken." The reason I make this simple is because magic is, to me all about what the spectator see's and not the magicians. So I did it a little as if a spectator were watching but at the same time added a little fancy flourish. SO Enjoy!

-Jake

Oct 22, 2008
ok so here is mine!!

http://vimeo.com/4449669 (and no this is not Ricky Jay card control) :rolleyes:

any way's I decided to not edit anything here and just add a little type of performance. I made the controls simple. Just gave a couple convincing cuts and my own made up flourish I like to call "spoken." The reason I make this simple is because magic is, to me all about what the spectator see's and not the magicians. So I did it a little as if a spectator were watching but at the same time added a little fancy flourish. SO Enjoy!

-Jake

oh yeah sorry about it turning like mute at the end, i don't know why it did that

May 31, 2008
I'm not seeing as many entries as I expected. Last week there were millions of 'em. I was looking forward to see lots of fancy cuts and simple false shuffles.

So far I've liked all of the entries.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results