Saturday Night Contest - Happy New Year!

Apr 1, 2009
California
Like Dalton, I have a few relationship related goals. Had a big break up in 2011 when my engagement was broken off, so I'd like to get back on my feet and find the right person. At least be pointed in the right direction. Since I'm on a tour with the United States Army in Korea, I am restricted from doing a few things as far as gigs go, but I have decided to keep a creative journal this year and my big goal is to keep it and see how many constructive ideas I can come up with. Hopefully have several worthy things to claim by the end of the year. I would like to become more proficient with my sleights and flourishing. I really just want to outdo who I was in 2011. If I can do that then everything else doesn't matter because I know I will have succeeded greatly. Oh... and I hope to be promoted!

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
A couple months ago I bought Expert at the Card Table and Royal Road. My goal for 2012 is to completely read and study one of them-- likely EATCT. I've flipped through both and they're pretty thick stuff, it's gonna take me a while to accomplish learning some of the sleights, but in the end, I believe it will make me a far better magician.

By the way, to me "read and study" doesn't mean finding out "oh that's how it's done" but instead actually becoming proficient with the ideas and techniques.

Oct 23, 2007
after 9 years of being a serious hardcore card magician, its time I moved on, so 2012, my goal is to start revisiting all my other non card magic stuff, and im gonna start out by going through F(9) by callen morelli, and boondock mental by nathan kranzo.:)

happy new year to everyone.

Oct 8, 2011
Baltimore
My new years resolution is to start learning some ney coin magic routunes to perform to people, get out on the street at least once a week to perform for random people and also to work out a new stage/platform show so i can start charging real money for my shows

maybe save up for a good sound/speaker system

happy new year everyone!

My goal is to be respected by those that I respect.

I had a great response with my first wire effect and i've been stockpiling the material i've created for the last 5 years, working up the confidence to release it.

I don't care for money that much...... so my goal in 2012 would be to increase awareness of my material through Theory11 and gain the respect of those who i've spent years learning from.

I've got a plan to film another Blackpool cardistry video, to inspire newcomers like the participants of the first one inspired me.
Then i'm going to dominate the wire, bringing affordable, practical new methods to everyone who cares to take a chance on me.

My university course concludes this year and I need to find direction to start the career that could be the rest of my life.

- Happy new year everyone.

Jul 30, 2011
SNC contest

My goal for 2012 is to increase my knowledge, power, and skill on all things magic, particularly card magic. I want to be able to perform smoothly and get mind blowing reactions.

Happy New Years!!!

kardwell146

Elite Member
Dec 12, 2008
My New Year's Res is to do better this year not just financially but do better as a person to my family and society. I also plan actually go through with one of my ideas and not miss out, I plan to unveil my illusion in 2012 and contribute to the great mystery of magic.

Xdelamuertex

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2007
Spokane WA
www.x-tremefights.com
Do work

First off my plan is to win the T11 video cam that has been so graciously given away to a lucky winner! After I win that, gonna take the deck of cards I win tonight and start
Filming The bad ass tricks I have been creating since I was 12 I'm 31 now! So when I say I have some great stuff, I do. I just lack the production equipment. Once tricks are filmed, can you say the WIRE? BOOM!!! Win, Write, Record, DO WORK!

Hey guys! Because of the New Year coming just around the corner, we’ve all had some time to think about what we want to accomplish in 2012. We want to know what your goals are for the coming year. Something specific. Something you can and will achieve.

So the contest tonight is very basic. All you have to do is list at least one goal that you have for yourself this coming year. That way, we can come back to these goals next year and see what we have collectively accomplished.

Just post your goals in response to THIS forum thread by 11:00pm EST tonight, and one random member will be chosen to receive a SIX PACK of Steampunk Playing Cards and SIX entries into our Holiday Contest!

Let’s hear your goals for the new year!

Dec 31, 2011
My goal is to finally get some of the material I've been working on up on the wire, and to pursue a deeper career in magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results