Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
It would be cool to vote for the best Wire effect of the year.

The Wire Artist could win something special. I think it would be nice to have some sort of awards for the effect of the year, or artist of the year. I think it would be sweet if we could vote as forum members.

Apr 13, 2012
I think that all of the Theory11 artists should have a cage match to the death, then everybody can make their predictions on who will win; if they're right, they get to treat themselves to a free 1-on-1. :D

I am not agree with this.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
There should be an every day cardistry contest. I was heading to the car with a handful of stuff and realized that the way I was holding my wallet, phone and a can of pop in some sort of sybil like cut. I think it would be cool to have a contest where we do cardistry with every day objects. We could make a sanwich, or pull a credit card out of our wallet, either take a picture of it or film it. The most creative wins :)

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
I think creating a new trailer for a deck of cards or any existing T11 product would be cool, but obviously have more than the usual 5 hours to do it, like maybe 2days or something and it can only be like 1minute.
Kind of like how D&D held a trailer contest for their V5 and V6 Smoke and Mirrors decks.

Or even create a poster for an existing T11 product in any style or a certain style for example, those old school vaudeville magician posters.

I would love to see either one of those be one of the SNC's soon!

E

ElizabethMagician

How about create:

A back design for a deck of cards - Prize the back design with a signed card by each of the T11 artists or the new T11 deck will have that back design and on the side of the box says designed by Blah Blah

Or an ace - Prize the actual card and the new T11 deck has that ace, also on the side of the box says designed by Blah Blah

A new theory11 sticker - Prize the sticker, and a T11 deck of your choice

Or even a new theory11 logo - Prize the new logo will be on the website and you get a signed poster by all T11 artists, it would also have that new logo on it

These are just a couple of creative contest ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2012
I think a good Idea would be to design an ace of spades and the prize would be to have it printed on theory11's next deck

Over the past 40+ weeks we have seen Saturday Night Contests of all types - from fun ones to serious ones, from funny ones to creative ones - from podcasts to mind games.

Give us your feedback and let us know what ideas you may have for theory11 Saturday Night Contests in the weeks, months, and years to come. We'll be listening and watching this thread closely for ideas and inspiration.

You have to make a video promoting a deck of cards, like making a trailer for that deck. So as an example I could make a trailer for the monarchs, which will feature showing the box, ace of spades, back design etc. This will mean that the person could be as creative as they wish, and the good thing about it is it wouldn't matter if you weren't a good flourisher.

U

Ulysses

I don't know what the malfunction of the T11 judges is, I just know that for the last 3 weeks the wrong person clearly and without question won.

Notice how the winner of the last 3 weeks have had 1 post? This latest winner had a total of 9 post made since this time last year. 8 of those 9 were SNC entries.

People who aren't active posters are winning these things, and is that right to everyone else who actual participates?

I think not. T11 should implement a rule that you need to have a certain amount of post before you are eligible to enter a SNC contest. And I am talking about quality post as in more than just "Dude kewl trick!". It's not right to have dedicated yourself to a forum when someone who doesn't give a sh*t about until it comes down to winning "free stuff" enters in and takes it from actual participating members who rightfully deserve it.

Active members should take top priority over people who just sign up to enter in a contest. Most of the active members have more than likely purchased things from T11, these 1 time users enter to win some free things and don't buy jack from this place...yet they're rewarded.

And NO I am not a sore loser who lost a SNC...I didn't even enter the last two. I am writing this because this is an area for concern and it's flawed and It needs to be addressed.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
I have an idea. The contest where you should do something with one card. Flicker or twirl or spin a card, anything, put a little presentation. That would be nice little contest. :)

Jul 11, 2012
how about ummm... you make a video showing your own creation of magic of flourish(they have to be separate competition) that'll be good and fun seeing all new different tricks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results