Self Lighting Match Book

Aug 21, 2008
is the self lighting match book from "lit" practical?
and can it be used in combination with water trap from TA?
i plan on buying TA as soon as i get my tax return and i thought this combination sounded very visual.
and if they could be used together i would definately buy both.
thank you
-Danny

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Um...
I would never perform this for a number of reasons.
But it is bloody visual. You show a match book, you open it, show all the matches, then... a trail of smoke...then... BOOM! flame. You can do this nakid without any sleeves or hidden thingies. All you need is that matchbook and "your mind" (haha).
But I dont really consider it practical. I also find it a tad dangerous.
It requires something which I find hard to acquire and if youre stupid/ unlucky it could burn out your pocket or bag or what ever.
I have no idea what Water trap is, so I dunno if it will work. I guess it will. As long as you need something to combust with the "power of your mind", it should fit. It doesnt require some giant blow torch. What you need is only in the tiniest of portions. Like half the size of a match head.

Aug 21, 2008
not very practical. well i dont think so.
but it technically can be used together. but why mix the 2 effects.

well i dont know too much about the effect, only that a signed dime vanishes from a spectators hand to a match book.
i just thought it would be kool if the dime vanishes and then the matchbook lights and the dime is inside, bu then again the matchbook probably has to be open to do the "self lighting match book" hmm idk.
why is it called water trap?

Aug 21, 2008
if lit is so dangerous, why does he do it in the spectators hands?? and is it controlled? does it happen when you want it to?

if you guys are looking for a good, safe, easy to use self lighting match book I use Pyrokenesis by MagicSmith in my show, all you need is a little bit of flash paper, like a piece smaller than your fingernail to help it "burst". This isn't a slow burn style ignighting pack this one literally BURSTS into flames. I'll try to get a video up of me doing it so anyone who's interested can see...

Dec 18, 2008
Um...
I would never perform this for a number of reasons.
But it is bloody visual. You show a match book, you open it, show all the matches, then... a trail of smoke...then... BOOM! flame. You can do this nakid without any sleeves or hidden thingies. All you need is that matchbook and "your mind" (haha).
But I dont really consider it practical. I also find it a tad dangerous.
It requires something which I find hard to acquire and if youre stupid/ unlucky it could burn out your pocket or bag or what ever.
I have no idea what Water trap is, so I dunno if it will work. I guess it will. As long as you need something to combust with the "power of your mind", it should fit. It doesnt require some giant blow torch. What you need is only in the tiniest of portions. Like half the size of a match head.

it is difficult to find these item....does ne body know a good place to get these stuff without ordering it online and going through the internet!? jus a question maybe someone knows of a place. thanks!

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
if you guys are looking for a good, safe, easy to use self lighting match book I use Pyrokenesis by MagicSmith in my show, all you need is a little bit of flash paper, like a piece smaller than your fingernail to help it "burst". This isn't a slow burn style ignighting pack this one literally BURSTS into flames. I'll try to get a video up of me doing it so anyone who's interested can see...

Pyrokinesis is in my opinion the best - Magicsmith's stuff is generally awesome, I use the Big Bang exploding lightbulb also!:)

D.

Jan 16, 2008
Is there any effect that achieves a "slow burn"...I think I saw someone performing it (Looch??) in a promo. He holds a piece of paper, then it slowly starts to burn up.

::dAvid

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results