Shudder - Dee Christopher (TK CAN)

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
Ok so I recived the PDF file shutter yesterday.

The effect is simple.

Move a half empty can of liquid across the table, no set up.
No gimmicks. its as impromtu as it gets.

Method:

The method is very bold, but does its job.

It looks so sick, the dirst time I saw Dee do this effect i litteraly laughed out loud.
It looked Beyond insane.

It is beyond insane.

10/10

Dee is AWSOME

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I was going to wait a bit to announce it, but Shudder WILL be featured on the new DVD "Altered" which will be out later this year, The main focus of the DVD is my work on metal bending, though Shudder is in there as a bonus.

When the trailers are up you'll see what all the hype is about.

D.

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
trust me proximity effects is also really awsome.
I love Shift, and I use Cold all the time. Really good book. check it out, also has some tips on preforming. How to get better reactions.

D

Deleted member 2755

After I make my purchase of the Art of Astonishment series, Proximity Effects/Flow are at the top of my list. ;) I'll probably get Shudder afterward. I've only heard good things about Dee's products. Glad to see Shudder is no exception.

-Doug

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
In my next post I shall post a more in depth pre-release review of Shudder from our very own Chris Lafferty. (Chr!s)

He and I have worked together on several projects and I taught the effect to him a while back. I asked him to make the review as un-biased as poss, though I believe that my stunning visage must have affected the rating :p

D.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Hmmm, That last post was number 300 for me. Lovely :)

Here's Chris' review as promised:

shudder

A Pre-release review by Chris Lafferty

Dee Christopher's Shudder is the kind of thing i like. It is simple, bold, impromptu and deeply magical. It hits on a very 'real' level. The effect is simple- a drinks can, which could very well be opened, is borrowed from a spectator. With absolutely NO preparation, the performer causes it to move magically across a table with nothing more than a few mysterious passes around it with bare hands.

Read that again.

No prep. Borrowed object. No thread, magnets, or gimmick of any kind. A barehanded telekinetic demonstration.

The work is simple, direct and very deceptive. Don't get me wrong, it's the kind of thing that will take time to get right, and it will take BALL'S to perform, but when you get it down, it looks stunning!

I have road tested this a few times since I got the work, and I can attest to how powerful it is. I did it for a friend who is, he tells me frequently, sick of magic. This stopped him in his tracks.

This effect is what magic should be- pure, direct and believable. It is so open that it actually PROMOTES belief in the spectator's mind.

My ultimate opinion of the effect is that if you have an interest in powerful, effective magic that can be done anywhere, anytime, with a borrowed object, you may well want to save a space on your shopping list for SHUDDER. If you don't... well... don't!

Chris Lafferty

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I tried to make the review un biased, but unfortunately, I love the effect. So I guess I was a little biased!

The fact that D will be releasing this in his Altered set is even better! His metal bending techniques are fantastic!

So, D, how was FL?

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I'm gunna try and avoid getting into a conversation on the forums again as I got told off last time me and L. went of the rails a little :p

And I'm still in FL - I return this Friday. Apparently Nardi was over last week and I didn't even know!

That elusive fiend!

Keep the comments coming guys and I might post a link to a secret webcam performance of Shudder very soon.... ;)

D.

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
Dee Christopher comes up with great ideas.

I had the honor to be able to watch his TK can on video. It looks incredible. If you really had the power, it would look like this.

Beside this though, dee is a very friendly, helpful guy. I am very greatful to know him. Look out for his stuff. HE HAS A LOT MORE TO COME.

Also have a look at his design works. He is extremely talented and his designs for cd or bookcovers, business cards and more are just pure art.

R.

D

Deleted member 2755

After Art of Astonishment by Paul Harris... I decided that this will be the next thing I get. (Most likely followed by Proximity Effects). Sounds like this is very good. ;)

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
This is an amazing effect. My jaw dropped the first time I saw it, and when I learned the method... well, let's just say it's back to diapers for me! It's very bold, but with the proper audience management and performance you can have a true miracle on your hands.

Keep up the great work Dee!

David

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hey man.

It's unreleased at the minute, Dee plans on releasing it as part of his 'altered' set, which will be all-round amazing.

I had to pledge D my unborn first childs soul to get a sneak peek...

CL

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey man.

It's unreleased at the minute, Dee plans on releasing it as part of his 'altered' set, which will be all-round amazing.

I had to pledge D my unborn first childs soul to get a sneak peek...

CL

Woah, all I had to do was invite him to a chat in Stickam...

Sorry about that kid.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results