Skin by Benjamin Earl

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this?
I did a search, and came up with nothing, so thought I should try this out.

It looks very very impressive, with a whole routine set-up

Just wondering If anyone has it, and what their thoughts are on it. Ben is a genius when it comes to magic, and is very good creator.

Any thoughts?

~Shades

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Oh damn that looks absolutely incredible. At first I thought the effect was that you stopped their pulse, then I thought it was just the numbers that appeared on their hand. Then I realized it was all of that plus an in-the-hands moving coin bend. I'm wowed. Period.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I suggest that you pick it up.

Ben is a very creative magic creator and a genius at magic.

This routine will take your coin bend to the next level.

Highly recommened!

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I have it. I love it, one of my best purchases in magic I feel.

It's a beautiful piece of magic that is also beautifully structured, the thinking that went behind this routine is absolutely immense. I'm not all too familiar with coin bends (other than the superman coin bender) so I can't really compare it to others that are out there...

It should be mentioned that what you see in the demo video is not 100% what you will get with this effect. The psychological techniques employed (that Ben goes into great depth of, I might add) certainly bolster your chances of coercing some sort of reaction out of your spectator to the point they will feel and see things that aren't actually happening.

The teaching is split into sections and each section is explained thoroughly with Ben going into not only how he accomplishes certain things, but also how they work (including a brief history/background on any principle) and most importantly I feel why he chose to do things this way.

You will need some coin bending apparatus, though if you don't have any magical tools Ben suggests a very good way of getting a good bend into pretty much any coin that's thin enough.

I pre-ordered this when I could so I also got the limited ed. booklet which outlines some extra thoughts Ben has on the routine, ways to ease the routine into an 'act' and all the while being entertaining with his writing, which is nice. If you can get your hands on this booklet I highly recommend doing so, it's a great accompaniment to the DVD. NOTE: Those of you looking for a cheaper version of Skin, won't find the booklet much use on it's own.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask 'em here or PM me if you think that's more appropriate. :)

- Sean

Sep 20, 2008
There are some things that i just dont understand.

Think, Wayne Houchin's Control- With your spectator.

That's just F* up.

Nov 10, 2007
I haven't heard of this before but Ben Earl is an amazing performer. He has another set of dvd's that I would recommend to everyone- Past Midnight! A bit pricey but if you have the coin it's amazing and well put together. Here is the link: http://store.dananddave.com/past-midnight.html

Past Midnight is not pricey if you consider it is 3 dvd's and has some of the best card effects I have seen in a long time. I have bee thinking about getting skin for a while now I may go ahead and buy it.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Skin is very, very good - Ben spent a long, long time refining the routine.

Finally got a copy off Peter at BP this year and it's great - I also got the booklet and I'm sure Sean will agree, his extra thoughts on the pulse stop are gold.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up, it's something that you will have to study and you will have to play around with in performance to get right, but the end result is worth it.

At the very least, if you're not familiar with suggestion, etc it'll get you thinking in a new direction.

D.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I also got the booklet and I'm sure Sean will agree, his extra thoughts on the pulse stop are gold.
D.

Yes. Yes they are. :p I very nearly typed about the fact he had them into my original post but felt it a better kept secret for the most part.

For those starting off in suggestive techniques (I'm no expert bare in mind) I'd say this was a good step onto the ladder, because it's one of those you can practice and enhance your current skills on without fear of a, perhaps seeming, "failure".

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results