Smoke & Mirrors : A Cordial Invitation :: Friday, Aug. 1

D

Deleted member 2755

I do not have them.... How do I know how they will last long? Let me give you guys a quote.

"D&D have been using them for 48 hours straight and they're still in flawless condition"

That is how I know. ;)

No, I am not getting one for free for being a moderator.

-Doug

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
2 days? Pssh my deck of tallies lasted my for a week and it still is flawless. We want to know if it can last 2 weeks. Besides DnD said vodkas are the longest lasting deck they ever had. For me it lasted 3 days and then it became sticky. I guess it depends how they feel when a deck is "dead". For me a deck is dead when it can't fan.

By 2 days and still flawless; the Buck's have only had their decks for 2 days now and have had them in their hands constantly, I'm willing to bet these cards will last longer than your precious tallies.

-SM

Mar 29, 2008
By 2 days and still flawless; the Buck's have only had their decks for 2 days now and have had them in their hands constantly, I'm willing to bet these cards will last longer than your precious tallies.

-SM

doubt it, I can vouch for what copperfeild 14 said, I have(had) two decks of vodkas I found in a box at my grandmothers(unopened) DnD said they where some of the longest lasting decks ever. They where dead in a week, Bicycles last longer with even more intense use. If the bucks believe vodkas last a long time, I would be scared to think how long this deck would actually last.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
doubt it, I can vouch for what copperfeild 14 said, I have(had) two decks of vodkas I found in a box at my grandmothers(unopened) DnD said they where some of the longest lasting decks ever. They where dead in a week, Bicycles last longer with even more intense use. If the bucks believe vodkas last a long time, I would be scared to think how long this deck would actually last.

I wasn't talking about Vodka's. I was talking about DnD MADE products.

-SM

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
Smoke & Mirrors are printed on an Aristocrat stock, which in our professional opinion is one of the highest grade stocks available.

About the Absolut Decks: This deck has been and still is one of our favorite decks to practice with. They last very long if you give them time to breath every now and then. In my experience, any deck used for several hours straight, without boxing it for a few hours, will become tool soiled to work with. As a side note, I often switch decks throughout the day to lessen the amount of moisture the cards absorb from my hands, thus increasing the lifespan of my cards.

Dave

Mar 29, 2008
I wasn't talking about Vodka's. I was talking about DnD MADE products.

-SM

Smoke & Mirrors are printed on an Aristocrat stock, which in our professional opinion is one of the highest grade stocks available.

About the Absolut Decks: This deck has been and still is one of our favorite decks to practice with. They last very long if you give them time to breath every now and then. In my experience, any deck used for several hours straight, without boxing it for a few hours, will become tool soiled to work with. As a side note, I often switch decks throughout the day to lessen the amount of moisture the cards absorb from my hands, thus increasing the lifespan of my cards.

Dave

ok, its good to hear, but we do have a reason to be skeptical about these cards, there is a lot of hype surrounding these cards and almost nobody knows what they look like, or anything about them, other then a qoute "The bucks have used them for two days straight and they are still flawless". I use a deck of bikes for 2 days straight and they are still flawless. Just saying, everyone has a right to be skeptical, we will see if they are the real deal and lived up to the hype August3-4 (Cause thats when most people will recieve their order)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York

Well, I'm pretty sure DnD know what their talking about since their whole life is based around cards.

D

Deleted member 2755

Please... do not question Dan and Dave... They are incredibly experienced and are some of the best flourishers in the world. I think they know what they are talking about. As Dave said, leave your cards some time to rest. If you have a deck in your hands for 6 hours straight of course you will get clumping issues. The oil from your hands will shorten the life of your cards.

I trust what these guys say. You should all trust them too. The fact that people are questioning whether or not they are lying really just depresses me. I also don't think they want to ruin their reputation and be looked at as liars.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I'm going to say the pricing will be close to if not the same as the price from the leaked site. The price on Surfaced was the same on the leaked site and their new site.

On a side note, I've had my deck of Vodkas for a few months, and if you let them breathe for a few hours they feel great again. If you are using one deck for hours on end of course you will get some issues. They're only pieces of paper...

David

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm going to say the pricing will be close to if not the same as the price from the leaked site. The price on Surfaced was the same on the leaked site and their new site.

On a side note, I've had my deck of Vodkas for a few months, and if you let them breathe for a few hours they feel great again. If you are using one deck for hours on end of course you will get some issues. They're only pieces of paper...

David

Well let's not forget that prices can change before the actual release. That could had been a place holder and in today's economy it would not surprise me if they are more expensive. I'm prepared for the worst price which I would guess is the same price as Split Spades. I honestly would not mind. If Dan and Dave could use the same deck for 2 days without having ANY SMALL issues with it (as in it still feels flawless).... It will last an insanely long time I'm sure then for someone like me.

Smoke and Mirrors will be a work of art. It is actually by an artist and judging by what we have seen so far, these will look INCREDIBLY nice. I look forward to seeing them as these will be works of art and I would pay more than the price actually is going to be for them most likely.

Quality > Quantity. Quality comes with a price though. I would pay that higher price any day for something that much better.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results